Prologue

Let's make one thing very clear: I'm as special as the next bag of Doritos you picked up on your last grocery shopping trip.

There truly is nothing spectacular about me.

I'm actually as basic as they get.

You ever read a teenage romance book and you're presented with this disgustingly astonishing goddess deity of a character. She's the most special snowflake that's ever dawned on the history of the cosmos. Her name is beautiful as she, something unheard of, like Galadriel or Meadow. Like any parent in the 21th century's going to name their kid Meadow.

She sings, she dances, she fights, she's a hacker, she's a doctor, she's a prophet, she's a ninja and just a plain old fire bender.Her height and weight violate the laws of physics. She's a striking yet shy beauty. The high school boys all hover around her like bees looking for a place to park their stinger, but she gets her hooks on the untamable bad boy who would drink her bath water if he could. 

That'll never be me.

I'm a piece of garbage teenager.

I have ego issues and over a dozen undiagnosed mental disorders. I'm plain looking, plain boring and I'm just plain poor. 

Poor enough to be a loser but not enough to be sold as a sex slave to make this story intresting. I'm the personification of underwhelming average.

Last Christmas, I got a couple of door handles and a bath bomb fidget spinner.

That's me. I'm Alexa. 17. 

There's one good thing about me though : I'm a hardcore realist.

The truth is simple ; If you're born into a bland existance like yours truly over here, your only hope out is to get a good, stable job. 

And that starts with school. Therefore, I take my grades and my future VERY seriously.

I take them so seriously; I got a scholarship at Eastwell. 

Also known as rich people promised land.

The students there were born with silver spoons so far down their esophagus, I would never relate to any of them.

I braced myself for the nightmare of being the outcast.

But I never in a million years braced myself for him...