Alliance ㅡ prelude

"Ellen, what are you doing here?"

Startled I looked behind me to see Namjoon walking up the stone steps, he was approaching me and I couldn't help but notice the bouquet of flowers in his hand.
I quickly stood up and wiped my hands on my pants from the green pigment from unconsciously pulling on the grass.

"Fancy seeing you here," I hugged him as he came closer. He smiled before leading me back to where I was previously sitting.
"Well, it's on my way to the office downtown so I try to stop often," he lowered his voice after each word until it was just silence.

I shifted my weight from foot to foot as I quietly observed him place the flowers by the gravestone.

"Do you miss him?" he finally asked after kneeling down by the polished stone.

"Everyday..." was all I managed to answer bringing my lips into a tight smile to stop them from quivering.

"Do you?" I asked him after composing myself.

"Everyday," he let out a dry laugh as he dusted off dirt on the name.

Jung Koosung

"He misses him too you know," he stood up and dusted his slacks "ㅡthere's days he almost calls for him on the radio but stops himself."

"Are you angry though?" I avoided his eyes waiting for an answer.

"No... nobody is, he did what he had to do as our boss, those decisions, are the ones that let everyone of us remember why he's the boss..." I cleared my throat but remained quiet.

"C'mon let's drop you off home and then I'll head to the meetingㅡ" he wrapped his arm around my shoulders as he lead me to his car. The men followed as they climbed into the truck behind us.

"No, drop me off at the hospital, please"

The individual published book is on my profile so please make sure you vote and add it to your library, I love you guys.