Castle Edinburg

There were only five minutes left, as she climbed up the path to the gates of the tourist site, Castle Edinburg. The closer she got to the site, the more a sense of depression claimed her. Kyra did not know what the feeling inside her was, but she felt it deep in the pit of her stomach. Shaking the feeling off her, she picked up her pace, even though she knew with a sinking feeling that the gates were about to be locked.

She saw hundreds of tourists exiting the grounds, and heading the direction from which she had come from, and the no trespass signs were put up, along with the sign that read in huge black letters, "CLOSED"

She was too late! Walking over to the security guard, Kyra thought to sweet talk him into allowing her entrance to the castle grounds, but he would not budge.

"Oh come on, please." She begged, fluttering her eye lashes at him, thinking if she flirts with him he will allow her in, but it was of no use, her advances were ignored.

"Missy, why would you want to come through the gates at this hour, haven't you heard the rumors that this place is haunted at night? I would run the other way if I were you!" He said, and looked at her with his beady eyes, as he wiped his sweaty, bald head.

"Is the fence wired with electricity to keep trespassers out?" She asked him sweetly, an idea already forming in her mind.

"Not that I know of." He said, and then he turned around and made the last call, for everyone to exit the grounds before he locked the gates.

Kyra quickly looked around her, and mesmerized a few things, before another security guard asked her politely to leave. She turned around and pretended she was leaving, and when security was busy locking all the entrance gates, she jumped behind the bushes, and waited patiently until everyone left.

Knowing that this was a crazy thing to do, Kyra ignored her instincts that were warning her to rethink her decision to stay after hours on a property that was famously known to be haunted. She was known for doing crazy things, like the time she stole her fathers BMW at five in the morning while her parents were sleeping, and drove it on the highway without a driver license. She was punished for one whole month, but she would have done it again in a heart beat if her father hadn't put a security guard outside the mansion.

It is too late now, she told herself, and held her breath until all the security guards left the premises before she jumped out of the bushes. She still had a little over an hour before darkness fell, and she new that she had to move quickly.

Walking around to the back of the premises, Kyra jumped the tall fence, and started running towards the giant castle. A feeling stirred inside her and left her feeling depressed again, but she shrugged it off thinking it was the fear of getting caught that she was feeling. It wasn't everyday that she broke into government property, she thought with excitement.

Running behind the castle ruins, she saw this place that could have once upon a time been the gardens. It now looked more like an enchanted forest, as she made her way through it. She did not see the warning sign that read, "Beware, enter at your own risk."

As soon as Kyra stepped a few hundred yards into the forest, an eerie feeling claimed her, and she stopped and looked behind her, it felt as if someone was watching her, but she quickly ignored the feeling, and continued on her way. She wanted to find the famous Tower, that the magazine had written about, but as she went deeper and deeper into the Forrest, she realized that she was lost, and wanted to turn back, but did not know which way she had come from!

The sun was about to set, and she would have no way to see her way out, because she did not carry a flash light. Fearing the worst, and blaming the curious part of her on her ancestors, Kyra started running as fast as her feet could take her out of there. The only problem was, which way was out?

Blinded by tears, Kyra was not able to see clearly in front of her, and she crashed into something that nearly knocked her unconscious. After the stars that circled around her head disappeared, Kyra opened her eyes wide, at the sight of what stood before her.

It was a giant, stone statue of a handsome warrior with his muscled legs spread apart, and he looked to he swinging an axe in his right hand. Besides the fact that he looked angry about something, he was the most handsome man she had ever seen!

This must be the Druid who was cursed, could there be some truth to the myth, she thought wildly, or was her imagination running wild with her?

Thank you for your support. Xoxxoxoxxoxxoxoxxo