|12|

It wasn't Jisoo's intention to run. It wasn't in her to go running with sweat breaking out of her skin. She didn't predict this would happen, never even thought it was possible for a nice day but such turn out of events resulted to this.

"Unnie!"

"Did you find her?!" Jisoo could totally feel the heat as she asked Chaeyoung who was also a bit panicky. "Did you get a glimpse of Mei?"

"Still nothing, unnie."

"J-Jisoo unnie... I'm so sorry. It's m-my fault. She's probably hurt now. She was crying too." Eun Jung was crying and hiccuping that she dropped down to comfort the girl. "I didn't know she'd react that way. Her parents were finding for her and... a-and... I'm sorry!"

"Shh. Don't cry. We'll find her." Jisoo continued comforting her and glanced up at Chaeyoung. "She didn't come back here?"

"No. Not a sight."

"Did Eommoni call you?"

"She phoned earlier to say that Mei's parents weren't aware that we're taking her out. They said they didn't even allow her out alone. They thought she was missing and that she probably went back to the orohanage." Chaeyoung paused and sighed a bit. "They scolded her for something and they think the girl was doing this because of it."

'Shit. I knew that was fishy.'

"We have to find her fast. The amusement's park so big for a little girl like her."

"Noona, we'll go with you!" Hyun Jin said but Jisoo shook her head.

"You stay here with your Chaeyoung noona and keep an eye on things. I don't want you boys to be the ones getting lost later on." She stood up again and faced Chaeyoung. "Watch them for me."

"You know I will. But, unnie..." She trailed off as she still wasn't sure where the hell Jisoo came from or what the latter just experienced. Especially with someone like Jennie Kim. "Are you okay?"

Jisoo didn't reply and only nodded. She started her search again because she wanted to find the girl fast. She had to get this over with because she was left hanging.

To be more accurate... she left someone hanging.

And remembering Jennie on her knees for her didn't settle well with her. She should've talked to the girl more or said something but this emergency came up. She could only tell the latter to stand up and a sorry as she had to go find for Mei.

She doesn't know how Jennie will perceived nor was she able to see how the girl reacted. She ran away fast. She ran away and left her there alone.

But Jisoo promised herself. She would see to it that it'll happen. By the end of the day it will be an unfinished business no more.

She swore she'll get back to Jennie.

~***~

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Are you Jisoo?"

"Who is this?"

"This is Mei's mom." She sensed the panic even through the phone. "I know yoh don't know me but please hold onto to Mei first. We're on our way."

She battled it out if she was going to tell her the truth. It was one thing to be with a runaway child. It's another thing to say she lost sight of that said child.

"Umm... ahjumma, I think we have a problem."

She started telling her what happened and she could hear the woman breaking down through the phone. Jisoo didn't stop searching though even when the latter gave her a recap of what happened. It seemed like there was a bit act of discipline that didn't act that well with the little girl. It made her upset and made her dad raise his voice. It was a purely act of tough love and Jisoo understands it but she also knew such a soft hearted girl like Mei would see it differently.