3.1 JiDan Is Born!

JiDan Is Born! [Part 01]

Crack!

That's the first thing he heard after opening the door.

Crack! Crack! Crack!

Why is there a cracking sound in his room? He didn't remember bringing anything that would make such noise. He walked towards the sink to wash his face. Right, aside from JiDan, who will make such sound-?

Lang Yuan's face paled as he dashed towards the corner of the bed where he wrapped the egg earlier. He hastily peeled the silk from the egg, as the cracking is getting louder and louder. Once all the cloth was taken away, only the egg has remained. It has obvious cracks around its body, running from the bottom part up to the tip where Lang Yuan is watching.

JiDan is about to hatch!

He only left the egg earlier to which he though is a little behaving than usual. He took this chance to go out and eat lunch, then later he planned to look some information to a nearby guild. He didn't want to return to his room and head out. But something from his gut says that he have to go back or else he will miss something great. And he did! He almost did!

Lang Yuan watched the egg with anticipation. He sat on the side, carefully watching the shell as the cracks are increasing rapidly. Maybe it took almost ten minutes before the cracking stopped. He looked at the egg restlessly. Why did it stop?

"JiDan? JiDan? Are you there?" He softly called out.

But the egg did not move. A sudden throb made his heart uneasy. Why did the egg stopped cracking? Was it tired? Lang Yuan wanted to hear the answers but the egg remained motionless. He ran towards the nearby cabinet and found a knife. He cut a bit from his finger and went back to the shell. He pressed a pressure towards the wound and blood came out. Five drops came in contact with the shell.

He waited for a while to see a reaction but there's none. He added more drops of blood, cutting another wound on the other four fingers, and made it drop at the top of the egg. Blood is already trailing on the sides of the egg when it started to stir. Lang Yuan ignored the needle pain on his palms and watched the egg closely again.

The cracking continued but in a slow pace this time. The cracks are also tiny, and there was this tugging motion from the inside. Another ten minutes passed after finally half of the shell was divided. One small push and the top of the egg opened up like a chest. Lang Yuan waited for the creature to come out from the shell when a baby crying was heard.

Huh? A baby cry? But he didn't bring any baby-

Lang Yuan inched closer to the egg and hovered over, seeing a bowl shaped shell. In the middle of the shell was a naked baby soaked with what seem to be greenish-clear mucus. The baby is a boy that has his eyes still close, small chubby arms with hands in small fists, legs slightly trying to rise from its position. It was crying, wailing, as if calling to its mother's hug and tender care. The baby is calling him!

But Lang Yuan who expected to see a large chick to come out was frozen. Ah, why is it a human baby ba!

Scientific laws and theories flooded his mind with mathematical equations. He's trying to understand how the hell there is a human baby inside the egg. He was carrying it carelessly all this time, thinking that the shell is hard and it's a chicken anyway. If it became dumb and stupid then he will train it so it will have some use. And if there are any more complications, he will think of some machines that will help it to cope up. Who would have thought that it's a baby!

Ah, Lang Yuan! You can no longer use your family name again!

The baby continued crying, twisting small movements showing discomfort. Lang Yuan came back from his trance and stared at the baby confusedly. He didn't know how to take good care of a child! It is true that he has a lot of small brothers and sisters but they are already grown up. The youngest would be at four years old and he has smaller siblings that took responsibility of taking good care of that kid. All he needed to do is to just sit there and watch them play.