Chapter 51: JORMUNGAND

Reader Key

(Y/N) = Your Name

(H/L) = Hair Length

(H/C) = Hair Colour

(E/C) = Eye Colour

(N/N) = Nickname

Author note: Jormungand pronounced "YOUR-mun-gand"

(Third Person P.O.V)

(Y/N) grabbed Dareth and lept out of the way as a spiked rattle-tail came careening toward the pair in the tunnels.

The spiked tail belonged to a large purple Anacondrai Serpent.

"There's something you don't see every day." Dareth said bemused. "It another Great Devourer only smaller."

The Anacondrai Serpent bright neon pink eyes locked onto Dareth opened its large fangs and let out a mighty hiss knocking (Y/N) and Dareth backwards from the sheer force of its breath.

"RUN!" Dareth screamed still being held under (Y/N)'s arm as though he was a helpless child.

At Dareth behest (Y/N) quickly retreated further back into the winding labyrinth of tunnels with the large Anacondrai Serpent literally nipping at her heels.

"Go faster, must go faster!" Dareth screamed as (Y/N) lept over fallen parts of the celling.

"Not helping!" (Y/N) shouted at him coming up on an obstacle. (Y/N) had no choice but to through Dareth over the debris and slid underneath it in one fluid motion Dareth screaming the whole time till (Y/N) caught him in her arms on the other side.

The Anacondrai Serpent smashed its spiked tail through the walls from an opposing tunnel.

Dareth hysterically screamed and flailed accidentally clocking (Y/N) in the face causing her to drop him.

"Sorry." Dareth squeaked before (Y/N) could say anything the Anacondrai Serpent smashed its head through the tunnel

The Anacondrai Serpent was so close to (Y/N) she could see the blue and lavender scales on the Anacondrai Serpent forehead.

(Y/N) took a deep breath and said in a sombre voice "I'd rather not hurt you being as you are Serpentine but you leave me with no choice." and prepared to strike in defence when Dareth stepped forward.