VS - Chapter 1

Rose stared off into space as she leaned against the balcony. Henry was standing next to her with an arm wrapped around her waist. Rose was brought out of her thoughts as Kaden came running at her as fast as he could, a worried look rested on his face. A scream, that sounded like a girl, sounded from him. He jumped up into Rose's arms as he wrapped his arms around her neck. It happened so fast that Rose barely had enough time to catch him.

"What's wrong?" Rose asked as she brushed his hair out of his face. He looked around worried.

"She's going to get me!" Kaden said as he pointed towards the stairs. A split second went by before Violet appeared where he was pointing. An angry expression was on her face as she breathed heavily in anger, her fists clenched in anger and tears appeared in the corner of her eyes. She ran at Kaden as he screamed again.

Before she reached them Henry scooped Violet up in his arms as she kicked and wiggled to try and get out of his grasp. Henry repositioned her so he could hold her better. A few seconds went by of Violet struggling and Kaden screaming and snuggling into Rose's neck.

Rose and Henry made eye connection. Henry's face read 'this is annoying, and what are we going to do?' Rose's face read 'don't give me that face, and are you going to do something?'

Why are you giving me that face? Henry asked. Rose's face didn't change, she raised an eyebrow and pursed her lips. Henry read her face in a second. On it!

"Violet, why are you trying to hurt Kaden?" Henry asked as he turned Violet around so she was facing him.

"He broke my pony!" Violet yelled as she tried to turn back around.

"Kaden, is that true?" Henry asked as he looked up at Kaden.

"It's just a small rip," Kaden said as he screamed again. Rose ran her fingers through his hair to try and calm him down and get him to stop screaming.

"You ripped its head off!" Violet yelled. Henry sighed as he looked over the railing and saw a decapitated rainbow pony laying on the ground, stuffing surrounded it. "He killed Princess Rainbow!" Violet said as she started to cry.

"That pony was evil!" Kaden said.

"No, she wasn't!" Violet screamed at him. She almost got out of Henry's grip, but Henry caught her just in time. Kaden screamed as he buried his face into the crook of Rose's neck again. Henry turned Violet around in his arms so she was facing him again.

"We'll buy you a new one."

"I don't want a new one, no pony will ever be as good as Princess Rainbow," Violet said as she buried her head into Henry's chest.

"You never know. Will you at least try?" Henry asked. Violet just sat there for a few seconds. "That means we'll go to the mall."

"Yay!" Violet yelled as she jumped out of Henry's arms and ran into her room to get ready, the door slamming behind her.

"Is she gone?" Kaden asked, not moving his head out of Rose's neck.

"Yes, she is gone. You want to go get ready?" Kaden jumped out of Rose's arms and ran into his room. A split second went by.

"Quiet time!" Henry and Rose both yelled. Actual peace was very rare in their house anymore. Rose grabbed Henry's hand and teleported them to the couch.

Henry laid on the couch as Rose curled up on his chest. She placed one hand through his hair as she snuggled her face into his neck. He took one hand and started to run his hand up and down her back. They both closed their eyes and started to rest. Joey and Lilly peaked their heads out of the library, quietness was rare in the house and it made Lilly and Joey suspicious. A few seconds went by before they both disappeared into the library again, savoring the quietness.

A few seconds went by after they both closed their eyes before Kaden jumped in between Henry's legs and on his lower stomach. Henry sat up in shock and pain. It caused Rose to fall backward and on the back of the couch with Kaden. Henry groaned in pain as he rolled over on the floor as he curled up in a ball, his face turned bright red, and almost purple, as he stopped breathing.

Rose picked up Kaden and balanced him on her hip as she walked to Violet who was sitting next to Henry. She poked Henry's head with her pointer finger.

"Dad, are you ok?" Violet asked as she poked him again. He didn't move, he only groaned in pain. She poked him again. "Dad?" Rose picked up Violet as she balanced her on her other hip.

"I'm going to go put the kids in the car," Rose stated before she teleported them to the car.

She placed Violet in her pink princess car seat and handed her her sparkly, silver and pink tiara. She buckled up Kaden in his superhero car seat with words like 'BAM and POW' spread out around it. Handing Kaden a foam sword his face lit up.

"I'm going to get daddy, I'll be right back." She teleported back to the couch and saw that Henry hadn't moved a muscle. She knelt down beside him and ran her fingers through his hair.

"Hen?" Rose asked. He didn't move "Hen, we have to go before the kids start to fight."

"Everything... hurts...," Henry said in a strained voice. She ran her fingers through his hair again. "I-I'm para-lized."

"I know, but the kids are in the car..., by themselves..., Kaden has a sword." Henry groaned as he sat up, slowly. He used the couch for support as Rose helped him stand up. She teleported them to the car. Henry opened the car and slowly sat down. Rose walked to her side of the car and hopped in.

Violet and Kaden were in the back seat fighting as Kaden attacked Violet with his sword and she hit him with her fairy wand. Rose knew the only thing that would calm the kids down was the mall.

Hopefully, we'll get there soon.

Thank you as always for reading. Hoped you liked it.

Don't forget to comment, follow, and vote.

I'm now getting paid on an app called Inkitt. For every read, I get 30 cents. It's completely free for u guys and it would mean a lot to me if u would go check it out! Also, I publish there first for this book. (Link in bio)

VP IS NOW PUBLISHED SO GO BUY AND REVIEW IT ON AMAZON!!!!

Follow me on IG: molly_grace_s (link in profile)

Twitter: molly_grace_s (link in profile)

FB: Molly Stegall (link in profile)

Inkitt: link in profile