Chapter 1

I sat on my couch and sighed. I picked up my phone and realized everyone has moved on.

I stared at the TV and spoke. "This damn apartment is too quiet." I sunk into the couch, sliding further down, almost falling off.

It's been a year since I've graduated and my parents have been paying for everything, I don't know why though.

Rinnnng~

I look down at my phone and seen an unfamiliar number. "Meh, it won't hurt to answer." I said to myself.

I picked it up and answered.

"Hello?"

"Kami?"

"Who is this?"

"Amber."

My heart stopped for a moment.

"Amber!?" I jumped from my couch.

"Hey Kami! I was hoping you didn't change your number, unlike me."

"So that's why I haven't heard from you."

"Yeah, I cant speak for anyone else, but yeah."

"Oh my gosh we need to hang out again."

"You sound like a child."

"I still feel like it."

"Same."

"Where should we meet up?"

"The boba place, ten minutes?"

"Okay, see you there!" I hung up and started jumping up and down. "Wow she's right, I'm acting like a child" I laughed.

I then frantically looked around for something to wear. My apartment was not a mess, but it will be.

I ran to my room and started throwing clothes every which way looking for something.

I then found some shorts and a red tee and just threw that on, along with a black hoodie. I've learned to never go places without a hoodie, some places can be very cold.

I got up and stared at the mess I had made. "Welp, going to have to clean this." I said as I left my bedroom.

What? I didn't say I was going to clean it right then and there.

I grab my phone and start heading out.

I walked down the street and observed everyone. I still feel like I'm in high school.. adulting is not something meant for me..

I soon realized I reached the place and headed in only to find its empty. "Weird.."

"Surprise!"

"Ow!"

"Shit, Isen fell."

"No surprise there."

"What's all this?" I ask.

"Happy birthday Kami."

I just stared.

"Did you seriously forget?" Amber walked up to me.

"What's today?"

"November 19?"

"Oh!"

"Lose track of your days?"

"Shush." I then looked around. Sera was dead into her phone, Blyke and Isen were arguing, John was trying to talk to Sera and get her out of her phone, Remi was trying to break the argument with Blyke and Isen.