XL

Someday, somehow
I'm gonna make it alright but not right now
I know you're wondering when
~ Nickelback, Someday

Avril's POV

"Before we start I have a special video for you all."

As soon as the words leave Scarlett's mouth I know instantly what is going to happen; she's going to show the video with Adam in it. The one she over sexualized and I took part in.

The one that Erik doesn't know about.

"Olivia, you need to stop them from playing the video." I urge her as she looks to me for answer, "I promise I will explain later, but if this is played, it will ruin the band and we will both be out of a job."

That seems to be the trick to get her moving as she takes off running towards the sound room.

I move my arms, trying to get Erik's or anyone of the band members' attentions, but it only seems Erik is paying attention to me The rest seem to be looking at each other in complete confusion.

"The music video has Adam in it, Scarlett and I made it!" I yell, cuffing my hands around my mouth in hopes that that helps, but the look on his face tells me otherwise.

He inches towards me and strains his neck to hear me.

"What?" Erik calls out to me.

"The music video has Adam in it!" I scream and as he turns his head, he's met with the scene I filmed with Scarlett the day I snuck out. The scene with skimpy lingerie and the pin straight black wig.

The lights shut off as I catch the colour drain from Erik's face.

Complete and utter blackness consumes us before screams are let out as the red exit signs flash around the room.

"Everyone please keep calm, we seem to be running into some technical difficulty, I'm waiting on how long before the power is up and running." I can hear Erik yell into the silence that has overtaken.

"That should take care of that, I'm cancelling the show tonight, they can play tomorrow if there is still a band." Olivia mutters as she heads over to the band with the flashlight from her phone guiding her way.

All the fear and guilt seems to bubble in my stomach, ready to escape into my throat.

I should have told at least Kyle, he could have helped prevent this.

God, I should have told Olivia, I'm so fucking stupid.

There's no way I will be able to keep my job after this.

"Sorry everyone, due to the technical difficulties we are going to be refunding everyone. If you have any concerns please reach out to us. We are so very sorry for what has happened and I know the band is very hurt that they won't be able to perform for you." Olivia continues on, working her magic on the crowd as the band exits the stage.

Erik walks up to me and stops a few spaces in front me, "what else did you do?"

I don't bother to ask what he means, I know what he means; what else have I helped Scarlett destroy?

I watch the crowd evacuate the small theatre, following the lit pathways and the red lights reflecting off their silhouettes.

"I'm sorry Erik, I really am. I know I ruined whatever trust you had for me, but I want you to know I'll fix this, someday, somehow." He doesn't say anything but instead walks past me.

"C'mon." Kyle wraps his arm around my shoulder and gives me a slight push to break the roots my feet seem to have sprouted.

Backstage the lights are on and a crew stands around, looking puzzled.

"How did you get the lights off?" Devon questions Olivia as all of us, except Scarlett, pile backstage.

"Who the fuck cut power to my video?" Scarlett asks as she comes storming into the room, pushing poor Kyle aside.

"I did and you're gonna explain what the hell that stunt was about Samantha." Olivia's tone is taunting, challenging Scarlett to talk back.

"That was the start to my solo career." Scarlett has a smug look on her face as the rest of us, including myself, stand there with our mouths wide open.

"What the fuck do you mean solo career Scarlett? Were you gonna consult in the band before you made this decision or were you two gonna run off together?" Erik questions, pushing himself off the wall he was leaning on and uncrossing his arms as he moves in my direction.

"Are you talking about me? I can't even sing!" I don't wait for his response to his question, his eyes say it all.

He blames me.

"Why does it matter? It's always been about you ever since MY mom brought you home. No one has ever cared about me!" Scarlett yells at her cousin, "everything my mother did was for your benefit. This band has always been about you. No one knows who I am, why do you think I changed my name? Because everything is about you."

"Stop acting like a brat, you used your friends to what? Get back at me? Grow the fuck up Samantha, you're the one who always blames your problems on everyone else and never takes reasonability for shit. How many times did I have to hide your intoxicated ass from your mom? Or we can talk about your drinking problem which you blamed me for? I could really go on." Scarlett's face is red as Erik rips her apart. "Sam, I love you, but you need help."

I can see the look of sadness in Erik's eyes as he looks at his cousin.

"I quit, fuck you Erik." Scarlett shoves her shoulder into him as she walks by and heads out the door, leaving the room in silence.

"How did you know she was drinking again?" Kyle whispers as he stares at the door.

"I could smell it on her breath and she had been hanging out with Adam, she only drinks when she's around Adam."

Erik turns to look at Kyle, someone he once told me he thought of as a little brother, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you before. I thought I could help her."

Erik exits the same door and I can see the flame from the lighter as he walks down the steps.

"Lucas and I will go look for her to make sure she's okay, Olivia will you call Scarlett's mom?" Devon takes control of the situation and starts to direct everyone, "Av? Can you check on Erik and don't let him do anything stupid, I think Olivia has more experience in handling the PR for this."

"I think I'm just going to go on the bus." Kyle mutters as he collects his stuff from a chair.

I just nod my head and follow the two out the exit door into the rain.

"Good luck." Lucas gives me a quick hug before pulling a hood over his head and running after Devon.

I walk over to Erik as he leans against the graffiti walls of the theatre.

"You're gonna get sick Avril." Erik doesn't look at me nor does he use my pet name when he addresses me.

"I'm not worried about that, I'm worried about you Erik. A lot has happened in the last 72 hours."

"Don't, I need anymore people pretending to care about me. I know Devon sent you out here." This time Erik does look at me when he talks to me.

My heart shatters as he tries to cover the hurt that bleeds from his eyes.

"I do care Erik! Why won't you believe me when I say it, I care about every single fibre in your body. I've never cared about someone so much in my life." I want to cry out in frustration, but I won't let him see me cry, like I wouldn't let anyone see me cry.

Instead I move towards him and wrap him in my arms. At first he protests, but the longer I hold him the more he becomes putty in my hands.

I help guide him down into a puddle as I feel his body start to shake.

I pull his head into my chest and stroke the back of his leather jacket as we are pelted with November rain.

Edited by GirlReader133