Sleepover

Blake

I was holding a pink sippy cup in my hand that I just pulled from under Chris' comforter.

"Why you gotta sippy cup in here ?", I asked him.

"I...Uhhhh", he hesitated scratching his head.

I sat back down on the bed twirling the sippy cup in my hand. I looked at my watch and back at him letting him know I had all day. It really wasn't that serious ,but it was weird that there was one here given we didn't know anyone around with any kids. He was acting a little too suspicious with the stuttering so I was gonna get it out of him.

"HELLO!!!!?"

Now I was getting mad. He was standing there with the dumbest look on his face. I know he aint deaf. I got up and started tapping his head with my finger. I dangled the cup in his face with my other hand.

"Look you need to sit down and chill out." He slapped my hand down and ran his hand down his face.

"I am chill. For now. So tell me what hoe you sexing with got her kid at your house while yall getting it on?"

"Yo, Blake chill out. I gotta tell you something."

I sat down on the bed. I wanted to hear this . I knew this nigga was hiding something. I was just glad I wasn't gone have to FBI him. Less for work me. My mind went back to what Dave told me at the restaurant. Was this what he meant when he said he was hiding something to protect me ?

"Talk . You got 5 minutes."

"Well , there was something I was keeping from you about the whole Jai situation. "

He looked up at my face as I let out a long sigh. I nodded letting him know to continue.

"She came here to tell me that the little girl in those pictures could be mine."

"What pictures ?"

"The ones in your email. Jai was the one who sent them."

I took in what he said with my mind racing a million miles per hour. How did she get my email ? That baby is young ,so did he cheat on me ? He had too . We've been together 2 years and he baby looks six months. How long has he known about her? I've been with a deadbeat? I shook my head violently in disbelief of what I was hearing.

"So you cheated on me Chris?! ", i said with tears in my eye.

"No no no baby , just let me explain....the baby is really 18 months. She sent old pictures of her to start something. We had sex before I moved out here and she got pregnant. I had no idea she was pregnant or anything. She's been following us to get information and shit. She met me at the gym like a stalker and told me about the kid and i told her i needed a DNA test first. We went took the DNA ,but the results won't be back for a week. She left the little girl with me talking about I needed to be a daddy. I wasnt expecting it . She came and picked her up before you came home. I didnt want to upset you so i was keeping quiet about it until i got the results back. She is crazy baby . She wants me to leave you to be a family with her. If the little girl is mine I plan on filing for full custody."

A part of me was relieved he didn't cheat on me and the other part was still hurt. His first child was supposed to be my first child. Now this crazy hoe is going to be apart of our lives forever! Is that something I really wanna deal with? If she stays with him that'll change everything. Am I ready to be a step mom ? This nigga lied to me dead in my face and kept the truth from me. The trust we had is now out the window.

"Ok ", i said blankly.

"Ok? , so you're not mad at me ?"

"Hahahahhaha", i laughed.