File: Give It To Thor

There are two geniuses in the Avengers.

Their names are not Clint and Percy.

"What... Is that?" Percy asked as he stuck his head into Clint's room. He didn't want to step forward, not when it looked like his best friend was watching something in a jar closely. "It's largely considered impolite to infect your co-workers with whatever it is you're incubating, you know."

"I put toast in a jar a long time ago as a little experiment," Clint said and shrugged. "I'm beginning to think it was a bad idea."

Percy blinked before slowly walking forward, using the archer as a meat shield in case the toast decided to breathe, "... You mean you didn't think it was a bad idea when you first started?"

"Nah, never occurred to me." There was a moment of silence. "How do we get rid of it?"

The demigod shrugged, "Give it to Thor?"

The legacy nodded. "Give it to Thor," He agreed.

"What?" Clint asked for the fourth time. Percy was squinting at him from where he sat on the couch by the window in the kitchen and it was beginning to creep him out.

Percy tilted his head, "You have hearing aids?"

The archer actually put down his sandwich to look at his friend, "What?"

The demigod pointed at one of his own ears, "Those are hearing aids, right?"

"Jackson, you knew about my 'secret family' but you didn't know I wear hearing aids?"

Percy shrugged, "It's not like I was looking for them."

"You were looking for my family?"

The son of Poseidon tilted his head again, "I saw your wedding ring in your room when we were playing checkers."

"Ah," Clint nodded. "Okay. But, yeah, I wear hearing aids."

Percy mirrored his action, nodding slowly, and raised his hands, making a few symbols.

"Oh, uh, I don't use sign language. Deadpool tried, too, you know, but I read lips instead."

The demigod lowered his hands, "Have you tried making your own signs? For missions, I mean."

"No, I was going to but Stark gave me new hearing aids that're really cool, so I guess I forgot."

"Well, let's make some now," Percy grinned, rubbing his hands together in excitement. "Alright, so, this is Cap," He did a quick salute with his pointer finger over his right brow. "Wait." He leaned forward to look at one of the cameras on the ceiling, "Jay-Baby, can you call the others over? Tell them it's for team building or whatever bullshit Steve uses so he can bully Bruce into cooking."

"It will be my pleasure." There was a pause, "The rest of the Avengers and your son will be in your vicinity shortly."

"Thanks, Jay-Baby, I love you!"

JARVIS didn't respond for a moment, "...I do believe I love you, too, sir."

Percy's eyes got wide and he actually looked to be tearing up. He had a smile so wide his face hurt and he had to clear his throat before he actually cried. JARVIS was just the cutest.

"That warms my heart," Clint said, pointing at Percy with his sandwich before taking a bite.

"Percy?" Loki walked into the kitchen, followed by Thor, and approached the demigod, "Why has the voice told us to come here?" When Percy seemed to ignore him, he gave a long-suffering sigh, "Father, why has the voice told us to come here?"

Now Percy looked up at him, "We're going to learn some sign language in case Clint's hearing aids aren't working."

"Ah, I see. And are we learning some of the actual language?"

"Pssh," The son of Poseidon waved his hand. "Why would we learn the actual language when we can make our own signs? It'll be fun, don't worry."

"I'm worrying," Bruce said by way of greeting as he entered the kitchen followed by Tony. Steve came in shortly after, his sketchbook clutched in his hand. "What'll be fun? Something about signs?"

Tony looked at Clint, "Is there something wrong with your hearing aids?"

"No, we're just preparing if there's ever a time they stop working."

"Smart," Natasha said from where she tried to approach Percy from behind to startle him. She gave a minuscule frown when the demigod simply raised an eyebrow at her and smirked. She turned her eyes back to the other Avengers, "Where do we start."

"We should have signs unique to each other, something that only the person it's directed to will know," Percy said, pulling the sleeves of his blue sweater over his knuckles.

"That could be fun," Tony nodded, moving over to sit next to him boyfriend. "We can decide those later. What kind of signs are we thinking about for missions?"

"Well," Steve tilted his head. "We should have one for ally."

"And enemy," Natasha added.

"Perhaps backup as well?" Loki spoke up, "Since I am sure I am said backup, yes?"

Clint nodded, seeing the god's point, "True. Alright, for backup we'll raise our right hand in a fist with our pinky and thumb out," He demonstrated it as he spoke, making sure the others were following along.

"Okay, that's easy to do in the armor," Tony mumbled to himself, repeating the hand motion. "How about this for enemy," He used his finger to make an x on his chest over his heart. "Then you can use your fingers to indicate how many you see."

"Tis a wonderful idea!" Thor boomed. "And perhaps this for allies," He put his arm across his chest, his fist over his heart.

Loki slowly followed the god of thunder's motion, his face doing something weird as he did.

The sign making went on for thirty more minutes before the team split up to make their personalized sign with whom ever they chose.

"Well!" Percy jumped off his chair, clapping his hands once, "Imma show my friend Matt the signs! Be back later," He kissed Tony and dashed off before anyone could reply.

Who's Matt?