Chapter Eleven

Y/n's pov

Today is my second week here, it was pretty nice after they warmed up to me. They stopped wearing their masks around me. I found out that Hoodie and Maksy are 16, while Toby, Kate and me are 15. I am Ok talking to Hoodie and the others. I fixed up Toby's room with Hoodie so that pretty much fixed things with him.

I walked downstairs and saw the four sitting on the couch. I jumped over the back of the couch between Masky and Hoodie. I have grown close with Masky being that he is with Hoodie most of the time. At first he did everything He could to show I wasn't welcome, but with us both being around Hoodie he warmed up to me. He ruffled my hair "Hey kid, how'd ya sleep?" I smiled at the nickname Masky choose.

I cleared my throat "... Good." I leaned back melting into the couch and looked at the tv.

~time skip~

The four sat at the table and discussed the last missions. I sat close to Hoodie, me being his proxy he said we would do missions together till I get the hang of it. "So we have Clara Pacheco, 12 years old, she must be killed." Masky read off. "Anyone wanna take it?"

"I-I''ll take it-t." volunteered Toby

"Martina Ryan, 48 years old, leave the operator's symbol on her front door."

Kate raised her hand.

"Harrison Arroyo, 24, must be killed."

"We'll take it." Hoodie spoke

"I guess I'll take Sam Newhart, 34, must be tortured, questioned, and killed. He will need to be questioned about police intel on us." Masky finished setting down the papers "That's all that's left for missions."

We all stood up and started to get ready. I walked over to my box with my name written on it, holding my gear, I picked it up and walked to the bathroom to change. After locking the door I opened the box looking at my supplies, it consisted of jeans, a black tee shirt, my green jack, and last the mask made to look like a stitched together doll. I smiled at the memory of making it with Hoodie. After I was done putting everything on I looked in the mirror and pulled down my mask. I walked out of the bathroom and trotted down stairs to the four. "This ok?" I asked them quietly.

"Yeah this is perfect." said Hoodie as he rested his hand on my shoulders.

"Good choice on the mask design kid" Masky added as we started walking to the kitchen.

"Way better than mine..." Kate said "I didn't get a choice on my mask." She mumbled.

Everyone grabbed the document of the person their assigned to and picked up their weapons from the kitchen counter. Masky got his crowbar, Kate got her kitchen knife. Hoodie grabbed his revolver and passed me my sledge hammer. We all nodded at each other and started for the back door.

"Let us know how she does Hoods" Kate called as we parted in four different directions.

~time skip~

I looked at the small one story house as Hoodie looked down at the documents to check if it was the right address. He gave me a small nod and we started to walk around the side of the house heading towards the back yard. He pulled at the sliding glass door with no luck. He pulled a small metal object out of his pocket and put it in the lock moving it around. Trying the sliding door again it opened with ease. He motioned for me to go first.

I crept into the house into what appeared to be the dining room, leftover and dirty dishes were on the table making the room smell like old cheese. Ignoring the scent I continued to search though the house stopping when I reached the living room. A man in his twenties, who I assumed was my target was watching the news on tv, oblivious to the fact death was approaching him fast, literally. I stood there for a second thinking about if I could really kill a stranger.

Thoughts spun around my head at an alarming pace. 'Don't freeze, don't stop now, this is your second chance.'

I looked behind me seeing Hoodie leaning against the wall nodding at me reassuringly. Turning back towards my target I walked to right behind his reclining chair tapped his shoulder. He whipped his head around and tried to make a run for it. It was over as soon as it started as I pulled back my sledge hammer and swing it forward hitting is head. His body want sideways in the direction of the hit sprawling across the floor. A pool of blood gathering under him. Images flashed though my mind of what was once my home, the chaos and distructtion I could inflict. I lowered my head and let a smile creep onto my face.

I heard footsteps approach me and a two hand rest on either one of my shoulders "I knew you could do it. I'm happy I chose you as my proxy." the words sparked something in me.

My sanity snapped. It started as a light chuckle than it turned into full blown crazed laughter, tears gathered in my eyes from laughing. This is truly where I belong. This is my second chance.

-This is your mask btw-