Last Chapter

My eyes darted to his direction. "Why are you here?" I questioned him, my hand gripping the door knob tighter than my knuckles became white. I look around me and hoping that someone will come to my rescue.

"I didn't come here to cause more trouble." He said, trying to calm me down but it is terribly not working. Knowing that Gale is here is my house is freaking me out and I want him to go away.

"Don't tell me, you waited for Caius to leave?"

"Yes, I want to talk to you alone."

"You're seriously creeping me out, and do ylu still think that I want to talk to you after everything youve done and learned about you?" I narrowed my eyes at him but still not widening the door. "No, go home. Don't mess with my life again."

"No, just this once." His voice is cold but there is a hint of beg in it. He looks at me straight in the eye without making the first move to take it off.

I let out a heavy sigh and shook my head. "Everything is on the right track, Gale. Don't mess with me again. I'm done listening to you."

"But this is will be the last time, Shanaya." Gale insisted, both his hands are in his pockets as his huge frame is framing over the door.

I closed my eyes for a second and just to get things finally over, I widened the door for him and he silently entered ahead.

"We will talk here." I stopped near the living room where the button to call the maids are located. Just in case he does something, I can easily reach for it to press to alert everyone. I crossed my arms and stood up straightly, not letting him take the dominance in this conversation. Not anymore.

Gale cleared his throat, his eyes went down to my belly. "You're pregnant."

"Wow, I thought you didn't know. It's kinda obvious." I blunted, sarcastically.

"So is Laureen...but I am not the father."

I rolled my eyes at his words. "Just get to the point, Gale. I have other things to do."

Gale nodded. "Have you talked to Laureen?"

"I did, and she talked to my husband too." I answered.

"So I am assuming that you already know the whole story...?"

"That you two have been fooling us for a very long time...yes, I already know the whole story." I stated, matter of factly. "So, what else do I have to know?"

"I understand that you are angry with me, Shanaya but...I really regret hurting you like that. I was controlling but that's me, this attitude of mine is the problem. I can't change who I really am."

"Woah, you just realized those things now?" I scoffed. "You just realized the problem between us just when you lost me. You're unbelievable, Gale. We have been together for years but you never thought of what I feel. All you think about is yourself while I was like a dog wagging my tail to you all the time without realising that you are screwing my best friend behind my back. You're horrible."

Gale took a deep breath as if he was swallowing the words he wanted to tell me. "I don't know what that doctor fed you that made you this tough."

"Woah, don't start with that, fella. I am not your Shanaya who doesn't know anything but to follow you. Not anymore, Gale."

"And you learned how to fight back...you are really not my Shanaya anymore." he let's out a chuckle and shook his head. "But I still love you, though."

That took my by surprise a little causing me to stop and stare at him to check if he is just messing with me. "You think I will still belive you?" I narrowed my eyes at him.