Violated

Blake

Oh snap did he just say that ?

An awkward silence filled the car.

"Uhhhh I hope I don't scare you off with that. I simply meant I love who you are. Although I could see myself loving you..if we can get there one day", he let out.

A breathed a sigh of relief. It was definitely way too soon to be throwing out the 'L' word. His last comment made me feel warm inside. Maybe the big bad wolf ain't to scary.

"It's cool. I get what you mean. So where are we going?"

"You really gonna ask me that every time were going somewhere ?"

I shot him a glare.

"I already know you giving me that face. Chill ma." He let out a small laugh.

"And what face would that be ?", I asked.

"The one you make when get upset. The one with your eyebrows pushed together and your lips slightly pursed."

I rolled my eyes.

"Annnnnnd I know you just rolled your eyes hahahaha."

I joined him in the laughter.

"Woooow so I'm that predictable?"

"Nah ma, I just pay attention."

He paid that much attention to me? Hmph that's funny. I was so surprised at how well things were going between us. We started off, well I started off despising him. He was turning out to be completely opposite of what i assumed him to be. He was charming , sweet ,and attentive. I had a feeling that he was sort of only being this way with me. I mean he said it himself that he wouldn't even give other women this type of a time so I had to be special right? I sat in the car lost in my own thoughts until we stopped. I looked around and we were sitting at the beach. I didn't realize that we were driving that long.

"I hope you don't expect me to get out? Its too cold to be at the beach", I said.

"Ha , I don't expect your bougie self to get out. I came here so we could just sit in the car and talk. I wanted to spend the night talking and getting to know you. I did learn a few things ,but I know there's more. We were kind of cut short due to 'my apology'."

"I'm not mad about that apology", i muttered.

"What you say?"

"OH nothing. I was just agreeing. So what do you wanna know?" I beamed.

I'd like to think I'm open ,but I'm really not. Sure I share things with the people I love ,but not everything. I'm way too comfortable around Dave for my liking. It's like he can pull things out of me that I want to keep hidden. I just couldn't deny his penetrating eyes entrance.

"Everything. Tell me about school. How you knew you wanted to be an accountant and how you ended up in New York."

"Well lets see, I dreamed of going to Spelman and Howard ,but unfortunately I missed Howard's deadline so I ended up just applying to Spelman. I got in and attended my freshmen year. Something happened so I transferred to Howard and stayed there until I graduated. I did an internship and ended up landing a job at my firm. So that's how I ended up here. I eventually worked my way up and boom President." I smiled thinking of how much I had accomplished.

"So what happened at Spelman that you had to leave your dream school?"

My heart dropped at the sound of his question. Was I really gonna tell him what happened ? I barely know him. Yet I slept with him. I trusted him with my body ,but not with my secret? I clasped my hands together and looked out the windshield at the waves crashing against the beach. Maybe its time I let it out.