5

Harry's POV

"So what exactly are we getting?" I asked.

"We just need some frosting and stuff to decorate the brownies, per Barry's request."

"Sounds good."

Once we got to the store, we ran into one of my exes.

"Maybe we can go to another store." Quinn said when she saw what I was staring at.

"No. It's fine. I can handle this." I took a deep breath in.

flashback

I found myself walking to Quinn's house at 8am. I just hope she's awake.

"You're here early." Quinn opened the door, "come on in."

"Yeah well."

"You're acting weird. What's wrong?"

"I broke up with Violet."

"What?"

"She's been cheating on me for the past two months."

"Harry, I'm so sorry." she walked over and hugged me.

"Was I not good enough?"

"She probably just doesn't have her priorities sorted out. It's not your fault she cheated so please don't blame yourself."

"I mean, who could ever love me right?"

"Harry. Listen to me. You are an amazing person. Any girl would be lucky to have you as their lover boy. You are one of the most sweetest, gentle, caring guys that I've ever met. Violet was just too caught up in her own wants to see what she just lost. It's not your fault."

"We've been having problems for a while now so I suppose this isn't much of a shock."

"Shit happens. We learn from it and move on." Quinn shrugged.

"What am I suppose to learn from this?"

"That Sam and I were right when we said she was wrong for you."

"I don't think this is the greatest time to say 'I told you so.'"

"Wasn't planning on it."

"Why are you up so early?"

"I wanted to run a few errands and get them over with."

"Oh."

"Have you eaten yet? I can make you some breakfast if you'd like."

"That sounds delightful."

Quinn's POV

present day

"Are you sure about this? It's only been a few months. I understand if you want us to go to a different store to get stuff for this bake thing."

"Not much can go wrong if I have you by my side right?" he half-smiled.

"Lots can go wrong when we're together." I laughed.

"She's with the guy she cheated on me with..."

"It can't be that much of a shock though... right?"

"The thing that really angers me is that she said it wasn't that serious."

I felt bad that he's hanging on to all this anger and guilt thinking that he wasn't good enough for her.

"She wasn't meant for you anyway. There are better people out there. Just keep looking." I said.

Comforting Harry when it came down to girls was one of my weaknesses. I didn't know how to be there for him without admitting my feelings for him. And trust me, we've come very close to doing that, but it was never the right timing. He was upset and I didn't want to force my feelings upon him.

We successfully avoided Violet and her new boy toy this grocery trip. I know that Harry still thinks about her every now and then. I don't blame him. They just broke up about 2 months ago so the wound is still fresh.