Reiner ━ Never

EDITED

A thundering roar fills your ears as the rain pours harder and harder. You sit under a tree overlooking the meadow, unfazed by the weather.

"Why?" 

A hush escapes your lips. You can only manage to say one word before another wave of tears hits you. Today marks the death anniversary of your family after the fall of Wall Maria. Even though you've accepted their passing, the pain still lingers.

You think about your plans for the day. It's been a while but you have planned to visit their graves with your newfound friend, Reiner. 

You want to tell them about the comfort he's given you. You want to tell them how he stopped you from taking your own life from depression. You want to tell them that you've developed feelings for him over the past couple of months and that you love him very much. 

You intended to confess to him, but it all came crashing down when you found who he really is.

"(Y/n)..."

"Oh, Reiner! You're here. Come on, let's go." You grab his hand, dragging him with you.

"(Y/n), wait... I have to tell you something important..." He says seriously, tugging on your hand to catch your attention.

"Well, what is it?" You ask, getting nervous. 

He takes a deep breath.

"I'm the Armored Titan."

You become frozen, unaware of how to respond. No words, no actions. However, as you finally start the process the fact, you are overwhelmed with feelings of anger, shock, and sorrow. You follow your gut instinct telling you to run away, and you let your legs take control as you sprint away from his presence. Your tears blend in with the raindrops, making it difficult to see. You take shelter under a tree and finally break down.

You promised yourself that you wouldn't cry. But who could blame you? It isn't easy to brush it off or forget what you just discovered. You sit for moments, but the sobbing never seems to stop. Seconds, minutes, and hours pass and the rain doesn't seem to stop either. Along with that comes the pain from when Reiner told you the truth.

"I can't believe I loved him." You mutter, slowly getting on your feet.

You take a deep breath but have no control of your cries.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I LOVE HIM!" You scream out loud, trying to release all the tension and frustration. 

Out of anger, you kick the tree and pick up rocks, hurling them out into the open. An outburst like that is enough to calm you and distract you a little. Sighing, you lean back against the tree and close your eyes.

"I can't believe I love you too." 

Your eyes shot back open, whipping your head toward the direction of the voice you heard.

As expected, Reiner.

"Rei-Reiner." Your eyes widen before you avert your gaze.

"(Y/n)... I'm sorry. I'm sorry for hurting you." Reiner looks apologetic as he comes closer.

Despite the strong urge to run up to his arms, you back away immediately out of fear.

"No! Stay away from me!" You plead, voice cracking.

However, he doesn't listen. Instead, you are tightly pulled into his arms, engulfed in a warm embrace. Having no energy left in you, your weak arms couldn't afford to push Reiner off of you. Eventually, you give in and cry on his chest.

"I'm really sorry (y/n)..." He whispers guiltily, holding you closer.

"I... I... my family died that day." You whisper quietly.

Reiner's eyes soften as the guilt settles in more. He releases you from his embrace and gets on his feet, eyes downcast.

"I'm really sorry, (y/n). There's nothing I can do to bring them back." He started. "If you want me gone... then I'll do it."

Reiner turns around and walks away. Despite the pain panging in your chest, you chase after him and grab his arm, spinning him back around to face you.

"Don't... don't leave me."

You look up to him with tears streaming down your face. The sight of you crying immediately had him wrap his arms around you, pulling you to his chest. He could hear your sniffles and feel his shirt get wet, but he wants nothing more than to hold you close.

"I love you." You whisper quietly, just enough for Reiner to hear it.

He places his hand under your chin and lifts your face up. He brings his thumb to your face to wipe all your tears away before gently kissing your forehead.

"I love you too. I won't leave... never."