Chapter Eighteen - The Journey

(Please see above a picture of Ellie)

It took me a minute to recognise myself as I stared into the mirror. My once dark black hair had turned white. The colour was as pale as freshly fallen slow and the blue of my eyes had become so much lighter they almost looked translucent . It was like I was staring at a stranger.  

Picking up the brush in front of me I started working on getting all of the tugs out of my damp hair. Staring deeply at my reflection I realised it wasn't just the outside that had change, it was the inside too.  A fire had ignited within my body. I was full of passion and anger and I felt powerful like I could take on the world. It was amazing how hatred could fuel a person. 

 I knew it was my destiny to stop the evil siblings. Nothing was going to get in my way. I will be putting an end to Aros and Kelly's evil ways. The thought of the pain and destruction they have caused over the years made my blood boil. How many people had they hurt and tortured? I knew Kinnon was one of them. They black mailed him mentally abusing him, tormenting him with his sister life. The thoughts made me so angry I wanted to rip the siblings apart.

Your hand Ailith growled 

Looking at my hand in the mirror there was stream of bright red blood dripping down my wrist. My claws where extended digging into the palm of my hand around the brush. I hadn't even felt the pain, I still didn't. Tossing the brush to the side, I stood up from the chair making my way into the en suite bathroom. Turning the tap on hot I placed my hand under the water watching the blood drain away. The wound was gone in a matter of seconds.

Walking out of the bathroom I pulled my hair into a ponytail before throwing on a large black shirt that Kinnon kindly lent me. I could feel his scent embrace me the moment I put it on, it gave me a strange kind of comfort as I crawled into bed. I felt exhausted like I could sleep for a year.

The past four days had been mentally exhausting, dying and coming back to life took a lot out of a person. I didn't even want to think about everything else that had happened along the way. Sighing deeply I grabbed my phone from the bed side table, pulling the satin covers over my head. Darkness wrapped around me as my eyes began to feel heavy.

Shaking my head from side to side, I forced my eyes open. I had something to do before I could rest. Unlocking my phone I opened maps typing in Aros address from memory it was 3 hours away by walking and an two hours away by car. "Shit, I don't have my car with me" I mumbled to myself as my eyes forced themselves shut my body protesting against staying awake any longer.

My breathing turning shallow as the world of dreams threatened to swallow me whole. My brain was no longer cooperating with my body and any plans for meeting Aros evaded my mind. This would have to be tomorrows issue, that I would speak to Kinnon about. Admitting defeat, I felt the phone slipping from my hand as I drifted off into a peaceful sleep. 

---------------------------------------------

The forest was silent as all small animals scurried away. The only sound that could be heard was the heavy beating of paws against the cold grass covered ground. A white wolf was running through the forest her white pelt reflecting the moonlight as it shook  with every long stride she took. The wolf felt free and full of purpose she ran with a goal in mind. 

The dream I was watching felt so real, like I was running along side her. I could feel the cold wind caressing her fur. I could smell the air, the fresh scent of pine and oak filling my nostrils. I could see through her eyes, everything looked different in the forest It was like it came alive in the white of the moon.  I could also feel her emotions and I like her had never felt so free. The connection between us was so strong. 

This wolf ran  for hours before she came to a stop, slowing her pace down she padded into the opening of a hollow tree. This is where she would rest for the night, curling into a ball. I watched as her eyes blinked three times before they closed a long deep breathe leaving her muzzle as she joined me in the world of dreams. "Goodnight little wolf" I whispered.

-------------------------------------------------

Coldness, brushed against my skin causing me to shiver. I must have kicked the blankets off myself in the night I had a habit of doing that whenever I got to hot. Reaching down in my groggy state I attempted to grab the warm cosy silk sheet to wrap them around my body. My hands grabbed nothing as they lazily hit around my body in a search for the missing blanket. I wasn't ready to get up. Rolling over onto my side my eyes scrunched tightly shut as bright light invaded my safe heaven of darkness. I must have forgot to shut my blinds. 

Groaning, I forced my eyes open admitting defeat to the prospect of getting to lie in. When my eyes finally adjusted to the light a loud gasp was sucked in through my dry lips. I was outside. Trees and flowers surrounding me.  WHAT THE FUCK? I screamed internally as I scrambled forward my fingers digging into the wet morning grass. Why was I outside? I 100% remember going to bed last night.  Had I sleep walked in the middle of the night and ended up outside? Also more important than anything else why was I NAKED. So many thoughts streamed through my mind before a loud bark interrupted my chaotic mind. 

"It was me, I brought us here." Ailith spoke in my mind. 

That's when it hit me. The dream. 

The dream had felt so real because It was actually happening. Ailith must have changed into wolf form in the middle of the night taking over my body and sending us here.  "Where are we?" I growled. 

"30 minute walk away from Aros land" Ailith answered calmly.

I could feel my eyes widening, she had taken us into the land of the enemy. I couldn't help the anger bubbling up inside me. I had wanted to discuss this with Kinnon before I left. Kinnon and I would have come up with a plan, a coarse of action. I wanted him to know where I was going encase anything happened. I felt so angry because Ailith had robbed me of saying goodbye. 

"I couldn't have him coming with us. Kinnon would have got in our way and put himself in danger. There is no logic in his mind when it comes to you.  We have to keep him and Tobias safe" Ailith growled in response to my anger. I opened my mouth to speak but quickly closed it. Ailith was right, we had to protect him. Taking in a deep breathe I calmed myself down assessing the situation I was in which was that I was naked in the forest. I let out a cry of frustration before Ailith spoke again. "I brought a bag for you, I pulled whatever I could from your drawers. It's behind you"

Looking back I seen a black half shut bag sitting in the hollow tree. Reaching for it I tipped out the contents of what was inside onto the floor to see what I was working with. One pair of odd socks, one set of bra and pants, one wolf drool black tank top, a pair of  black jeans and one black hoodie along with my army boots. I was secretly saying a thank you prayer to the moon goddess that she had brought everything I needed. It wasn't the most fashion conscious outfit but it would do. Throwing on the clothes I let my hair out of the ponytail as it fell into lose curls around my shoulder.

"Which way?"

"Straight ahead"

Without another word, I started walking forward. Nothing else needed to be said between Ailith and I. I could feel her emotions and just like me, she was ready. Ready to take on the world for the man and wolf she loved. 

Hello All!

Sorry if this chapter is a little boring but I had to use this chapter for the set up for the next chapter. The Meeting part 1 which i'm so excited to write!

Also if you could please read the new chapter of my book Forbidden I would really appreciate it. It's a story about vampire and werewolf and I have been so exited to write it.That story has been taking over my mind lately so I had to quickly write it down. Please find the link below if your interested in the read.

https://www.wattpad.com/616144512-forbidden-chapter-one-deadman-wonderland/page/2

Anyway hope you enjoy.

Peace out my loves xo