Five: Under cover

Your P.O.V

I can't go back looking for Rose. And I can't go back to Berk. Both to risky. I feel myself starting to cry. I have nowhere to go.

I land on a patch of grass and transform myself into my human form. Only wearing my underwear and a tank top, I'm pretty much freezing. I blow some fire onto a branch, and I can quickly feel the heat. My body warms up slowly.
I start thinking about the places I can go. I actually felt quite safe there in Berk. But I can't ever go back there, right? If I change into a dragon and stay that way? That might be a good idea. I just fly to Berk, change into a dragon and have my life there. And, I can watch Hiccup. That sounds creepy.
But do I want that? Do I want to stay a dragon for the rest of my life? At least I'll have a family and somewhere to go to. And friends. I stand up and wiggle my toes in the grass. I'm going to do it. Stay that way. No worries. But I have one problem. Hiccup saw me as dragon, and I have one thing he can possibly recognize me at; a white tip on my tail. Maybe some ink will do? But I don't have ink here, and I'm in my underpants, so going to some village probably isn't the best idea. I'll just take the risk then.

I fly up fast, and up into the clouds I am. Now in my dragon form, feeling warmer and stronger. On my way to Berk. I feel confident about my plan. This is going to work! I hear dragons roar and people cheer. Berk.

How am I going to fly into Berk? Just land there?
'Hi I'm (Name) and I'm a shifter dragon who can spit fire even when she's in human form, nice to meet you.'
My inner voice laughs at the idea.
I'll just land there yeah. I fly closer and closer to the open field. No people are standing there. The most of them are caught up with the dragon race. I fly to, preparing to land softly. But suddenly, a strong wind gets under my wings, and I crash down. I lie there, awkward. People are looking at me. This is not how I planned it. I roll over, shake my head, and look to the few people around me.

"Another night fury?" A woman says.

"Get Hiccup!" Another woman screams so loudly it rings in my ears.

"No, I can do it to!" A girl says. She slowly walks to me. I step back feeling a pain shoot through my ankle. I growl from the pain, and the girl pulls her hand back quickly. I look to the girl and back to the others.

"Annie! Get away, you scare it." The woman says, and she pulls the girl, Annie, back.

"No I don't! Look, it likes me!" She says while she holds her arm out.

"Annie, we better get to the race." The woman says.

"Urgh fine!" Annie says and she runs after her mom.

I decide to follow them and watch the race with them. One girl I recognize immediately. The blond hair wrapped into a beautiful braid. Astrid. The rest I don't know. But Astrid almost wins the race. She has the black sheep, and she only needs to throw it in the hole to win. Suddenly the crowd begins to cheer and everyone claps. Astrid won. I back off in a corner. When I get close to her, I get closer to Hiccup. Wait; I don't want to get closer to Hiccup. Suddenly I feel someone standing on my tail. Without my intention; I release a fire ball into the air and everyone is suddenly silent. They all look at me. Astrid is the first one who comes walking to me.

"Toothless?" She asks I back off. She gasps.I show my teeth.

"Another night fury?" She raised a brow. A black haired boy comes next to her.

"I'm sure I can make this one tame." He says with a smile and a wink. Astrid rolls her eyes and comes closer. I back off until I feel the cold wall behind me. Shit.

"Ssh, it is okay, I won't hurt you." Astrid says. I slowly take a step to her until her hand touches my nose. Her hand is warm and it warms up my very icy cold nose. I don't know if I like that.

"Astrid back off!" Some one yells. I jump and walk backwards a startled groan leaving my mouth.

"Don't touch it!" Astrid yells.

"This is another night fury! You know how rare they are?! Now there are only two of them. Toothless and this one." Astrid says. She holds her arm out to pet my nose again. I need to gain her trust. I lean in her touch and crawl closer to her.

"See?! We need to trust it!" Astrid yells. "Please Stoick, let me take him in. He'll be friends with Stormfly." Astrid begs. I look at a tall man with a red beard. He hesitates.

"Okay, but you need to take care of it, alone. Hiccup can help you, since he has Toothless. But this is your dragon now.'' Stoick says. Astrid smiles and turns back to face me.

"I name you Rick?" Astrid asks more in a question. I shake my head fierce. "Are you a girl?" I nod. Astrid starts thinking.

"I'll just give you an normal name, what about Kathe?" She asks. I nod, liking the name. The crowd of people slowly begins to walk away.

"Astrid? Are you coming?" Someone asks.

"No, I promised Hiccup to meet him!" She yells back and she turns back to me.

"Would you like to come with me?" She asks and  she pets me head. I slowly nod. Another dragon comes to us. A blue one. Astrid sits on its back.

"Come on Kathe, I'd like to introduce you to someone." Astrid says. I hesitate but I fly after her with a big sigh. Time to meet Hiccup.