Chapter 20

*Unedited*

'Meet me at Water's Edge within two hours.'

Ethan read the message Bianca had sent on his phone and sighed. He hadn't even gotten out of bed and it was almost noon already. He had gone partying with his friends last night and had too many drinks, as a result of which he had a killer hangover and his head was pounding like crazy.

He threw the covers off him and walked to the kitchen to grab a glass of water and an aspirin.

He hadn't even finished gulping the water down when his phone rang. He checked the caller ID and shook his head.

"Yeah, I got your message." He said.

"Okay good. Do not be late, Ethan." Bianca warned.

"Why the sudden plan to meet up anyway? I'm still kind of recovering from what happened at lunch yesterday." He said, scratching the back of his neck.

"We are meeting because I'm done sitting at home and since Luke is almost always busy with his work, I thought I'll see if you'd like to accompany me for lunch today." She chirped.

"It's Saturday, how is he busy today?"

"Oh...I...well, do you mean to say that you're not interested to have lunch with me?"

Ethan closed his eyes because his head was still throbbing. "Bianca..." He sighed, wanting to tell her that he wasn't up for lunch today but decided against it. He'd hurt her enough. "Okay. I'll see you there."

"Perfect! Don't be late!" She reminded him again.

"Yeah, yeah." He sang while rolling his eyes before hanging up.

Luke was right there while Bianca had spoken with Ethan. "Am I really busy with work all the time?" He wondered.

"Yep." She nodded, sitting down on his lap.

He grunted.

"What?" She asked, turning to look at him.

"You've become quite heavy." He complained while controlling his smile as he waited for her reaction.

Her brows drew close and her mouth dropped open. She huffed and started getting up. "I'm joking! I'm joking!" He chuckled pulling her back to him.

"No! Let go!" She struggled but he shushed her. Then she muttered something about pregnancy being a double edged sword with women having to carry kids and listen to their husband comment on their weight as well. But her incoherent nonsense didn't last long because he shut her up with a kiss.

"He's late." Luke commented as he checked his watch.

They were already seated at a table as they waited for Ethan to show up. Bianca was excited to see his reaction when he finds out that Luke was here as well and that he had forgiven him.

She looked around. "He should be here soon."

As Ethan walked closer to the table where Bianca was seated, he did a double take. A man was on that table too. He couldn't see who the person was though because his back was to him. However, his gut feeling told him that it was none other than his brother, Luke.

Suddenly the veil of sleep and other signs of hangover was lifted off him when he realized that it was really his brother.

'Is she trying to get me killed?!' Ethan exclaimed in his mind and shook his head slightly. He had to be bitten by a mad dog to go in front of his brother again after yesterday. No, he thought. He wasn't prepared for this.