Chapter 35 - Marcus Pierce

Chapter 35
Marcus Pierce

My mate's head is rested against my bare chest, his eyes softly shut and his lips slightly parted. His hair is messy, sticking up in every direction. His cheeks are flushed, giving him that innocent look, like a kid. Nigel's arm is draped across my stomach, and he makes that clicking sound with his mouth. There's a slight drool on the corner of his mouth. I laugh silently, shaking my head as I stare at my sleeping mate. I begin tapping his nose, forehead, and cheeks, appreciating his beauty. I woke up an hour ago, and yes, I've been watching my mate sleep since I opened my eyes. It's still dark outside, considering it's just five in the morning. He moves gently, draping his other arm across my stomach and he snuggles closer, burying his nose in the crook of my neck.

He murmurs something in his sleep that I can't quite understand before he moves the tip of his nose across my neck, back and forth. I smile widely, my arm wrapping around his waist and pushing him closer to me, smelling the after-sex clinging into his body. I can't believe I have just mated with my mate – the bite he did on my shoulder is still there, teeth molded on my skin.

His eyes flutter open, yawning as he pulls himself away from me. He blinks a couple of times before he yelps and rolls quickly out of the bed, landing on the floor with a thud. Nigel groans and I jump off the bed and rush to him, helping him up. His hand is on his bare bum, his teeth gritted as he hisses. Fear immediately strikes me to the core, thinking that he's probably regretting his action. He looks up at me and sees the panic-stricken face I have, and Nigel quickly wraps his arms around me, probably sensing what I'm feeling.

"If you think that I'm regretting it, no I'm not." He plants a soft kiss on my chest, groaning afterward when the pain in his bum surfaces again. I sigh in relief, lifting him up bridal style and placing him gently on the bed. "It's just that I was shocked because... this is the first time I've done this, and it's awesome, I tell you that, it's just that... I guess I was still thinking... heterosexually? Like in a heterosexual way. That doesn't make sense. Okay, it's actually d–"

I lean down and plant my lips against his, shutting him up in the process.

Nigel melts into me, kissing me back passionately, his hands cupping my face. I tug and bite his bottom lip, earning a moan from him and he parts his lips, giving me access inside his mouth. I shove my tongue inside his mouth, tasting him, our naked bodies pressed against each other. He pulls away from the kiss, chest heaving up and down, breathless, then he smiles.

"Thanks, I needed that." He rasps, giving me a grin.

"I needed that, too. I thought you were regretting our mating last night and I got so scared." I admit, resting my forehead against his. I shut my eyes and just feel him there – the heavy breathing, the erratic beat of our hearts, the warmth of our skin. "So you're my mate now..."

"Yes, I am your mate now." He chuckles, eyes glinting in amusement. "Should we celebrate?"

"Believe me, once we step out of this house, everyone will be cheering me and you for mating successfully." His eyes widen, mouth agape. His lips turn into a pout and I chuckle, reaching out and hugging him. "Don't worry, I'll make sure they won't tease you. Those bastards have been expecting this, waiting for this moment."

The weather is nice today, kind of reflecting my mood. As we step outside my house, every pair of eyes turns to us and I immediately catch sight of the two of my best friends who mean so much to me. Their brows are arched, and there's a knowing smirk tugged on their lips as they look at me, hand in hand with my mate. Meanwhile, my mate is feeling awkward – he has his hand rested against his neck, rubbing it, his eyes going back and forth between me and the ground. I squeeze his hand to let him know that I'm here and there's nothing to be ashamed of. He takes a deep breath and smiles, the corner of his eyes crinkling a bit.