Chapter 23

Okay, this is about half of the chapter, but I promised a reader I'd have something up for her flight. I hope you enjoy!!! <3 Not edited yet!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 23

I woke up in a cold sweat, my heart racing, fighting to catch my breath. I felt the tears spill over as I pulled my knees up to my chest and looked around the room to get my bearings.

"Hey Mikaela," Trent's sleepy voice murmured. "You were having a nightmare." Trent soothed as he sat up beside me. "You okay?" The minute Trent's hand went to rub my back, my arms shot around his neck as a sob tore out of my throat. "Hey, hey, shhh" Trent soothed as his arms pulled me closer to him. "Shhh, it was just a dream. It's over now." Trent rubbed my back and murmured soft soothing words until I was able to say anything coherent. "Hey, you okay now?"

I nodded as I pulled away. "Sorry to have woken you."

"It's okay. Are you alright?"

"Yeah, go back to sleep." I made to get up, but Trent wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me back. "What are you doing?"

"Going back to sleep . . . with my wife in my arms."

"Trent, let go."

"Where are you going?"

"I'm getting up."

"Why?"

"There is no way I can go back to sleep now.'

"Was it that bad?"

I shrugged. "Nothing a little coffee can't make better."

"Then make enough for two." Trent started getting up and I just stared at him. "I thought you were making coffee?" Trent smirked

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Go back to bed. There's no reason for you to get up so early."

"Sure there is. My wife is getting up, maybe I can't sleep without my warm, cuddly pillow?" Trent teased. "We don't have much time together to just talk anymore. Why don't you make us some coffee and I'll make us some breakfast?"

"You are the weirdest man I've ever met."

"Get used to it." Trent beamed. He copped a feel as he brushed past me.

"Hey!"

"What?"

"You can't do that!"

"What? This?" Trent smacked my bum and I squeaked in surprise.

"Yes!" I shrieked. "You can't do that!"

A wolfish grin broke over his features. "Well, then I definitely can't do this." Trent picked me up and tossed me on the bed, clambering on behind me. He pinned me and started tickling me senseless.

"Stop!" I cried between gasps.

"Stop? Stop what?" Trent chuckled as his fingers continued their assault.

"Stop! Trent!" I squealed.

He stopped and his face was barely an inch from mine.

"Wh - what are you - "

Trents lips were on mine, gentle but commanding. My eyes shut of their own accord. His commanding lips were slowly becoming more demanding. One of his hands traced up and down my side, making me shiver. Trent was a master of his craft. I don't know where he learned to do the things he can do with his tongue, but it pulled a moan from my throat. Trent's mouth moved from mine down to my neck and I moaned again. I squeaked when his hand found my breast and started to gently knead it.