Chapter 25 - Heartfelt Kisses

Anika was fretting over everything. The Mehra's event was just a day ahead. The packing was almost done. Her father had picked up her mother a while ago and she had left. Pinky and Shakti were to board the night flight to Amsterdam. It would roughly be a twenty hour flight. Anika did not know how Pinky would survive. She was checking whether she had packed everything. They had decided to drop them after dinner. Dinner was done and Anika was just going through last checklist. She was wondering his she'd manage the entire mansion. If this had been when they were at the other home it would have been still better. Bit here- this was a huge place. Anika was glad that there maid- Radha - whom she addressed as Aunty was back from her village. She hadn't known that Radha used to work for the Oberois at the mansion. She had no clue Radha was such an old maid. But nevertheless she was happy. With Radha Aunty she'd be able to manage the mansion without Pinky. 

"Bye Papa Mumma, Enjoy!!" She smiled seeing their excitement. She hugged Pinky.

"You both enjoy too. I wouldn't mind coming back to a pregnant you!" Pinky whispered in her ears.

"Mumma!" She whispered back giving her rotten egg look. Pinky laughed. Kissing her she whispered a "take care" giving her hand a warm squeeze.

"Shivaay take care of Anika and both of you don't forget to put alarms at night!" Pinky chuckled. Shivaay and Anika shared a sheepish smile. As soon as Pinky and Shakti had walked away and entered the airport, Shivaay's hand curled around her shoulders sensing her become emotional.

"Anika, they are going on a vacation, they will be back soon. Besides, you can sleep as much as you want. Mom won't be there to pass comments or wake you up like she did today."

Anika frowned. "I will miss them." She laid her head on his shoulder. Her life had become so small. It only revolved around these few people she called family. She wasn't liking the idea of going back to an empty kind of home. Last time when he had left it was an empty room and that made her go nuts. This time it would be an empty home. 

At least when he wasn't around there were Pinky and Shakti. She had grown more close to them when he wasn't there. She would miss them so much. Those crazy arguments over breakfast, the debates of what to make for lunch and dinner. Those banters, as to how much sweets Shakti ate and how many rounds Pinky skipped walking. Those after dinner times- when sometimes she gave them both a champi and at other times Pinky giving her a champi.  She'd miss playing cards game with them at nights, watching old movies on Sundays. She would miss them so much. 

Shivaay walked her to one of the benches by bushes. She did not take her head off his shoulder. She'd do it only when she was upset. He steadily rubbed her shoulder. "Anika, it's a part of life. Besides, they have only gone for a tour. Like we went for our honeymoon. " he ended it in a whisper. Anika grinned. He was comparing Shakti and Pinky's tour to a honeymoon?

"I see a sexy smile!" He whispered in a playful voice.  She shook her head, placing her hand on his chest and looking at the people biding farewell to each other. Saying goodbye was so hard. Her lips straightened again. They sat in silence for sometime. They were waiting for Shakti's call. Once the two would make it to the boarding hall, they'd leave. Shivaay slowly slipped his fingers between hers entangling their hands. "Anika."