Chapter 17

I don't even know how much time I've spent just rolling around in my bed. This has got to be some sort of record. I remember it was still Thursday night when I changed into a shirt and boxers, but I wouldn't be surprised if the sun came out in a matter of minutes.

After the first half hour, I decided to get up and read a few pages of the book I got assigned to read for my minor Lit class, I had about 150 pages left to read. I was sure I'd fall asleep out of pure boredom after like ten pages.

I ended up finishing the entire book. Then I went to bed to try and fall asleep again, but after forty minutes of tossing and turning like a fish out of water, I got up again. This time I decided to start the essay on the book that I'd read, it had to have at least 2.000 words, our professor told us. I figured, I definitely couldn't finish it in one night, but it would at least wear me out.

Now here I am, lying in bed with my laptop, proofreading the 3.441 word long essay for the fifth time. I think it's time I seriously consider asking Seth for sleeping pills.

My head falls backwards against the headboard, and I take a deep breath as I close the laptop without shutting it down, hell, I didn't even close the file. I dint even save it. And it concerns me that I don't give a damn about it.

I run a hand through my hair, pushing the laptop to the side so I could lie down again. I didn't bother checking the time while my computes was on, but I think I have about two hours to sleep before getting up for school.

Just as I'd laid my head on my pillow, I hear vibrating coming from my end table, and open my eyes to send a murderous look its way. It's probably around six in the morning, who would want to fuck with me now?

I reach out for my phone, and the question I've asked myself earlier seems stupid now as I read the name that's written on the screen. There's really no one else who would decide to text me at 4:31 in the morning.

By the way, six and a half hours. Six and a half hours I have wasted trying to fall asleep by doing things. That's definitely a record.

From: Angel

i'm sorry.

I breathe out a puff of air, and sit up so my back is against the board behind me. It's nearly dawn, why did I think her message would make any sense?

To: Angel

what for?

From: Angel

for making you leave on saturday.

Another sigh leaves my lips; at least it's starting to make some sense.

To: Angel

nothing to be sorry about.

From: Angel

i just panicked. i didn't want you to see me like that

To: Angel

i can tell why

From: Angel