It is a Girl

(Four months later) Mione's POV

"You're late" I say when Mheetu appears panting.

"Sorry, I got hungry along the way" he states and I roll my eyes.

"Come on, we don't want to miss anything" I tell him as i take off towards Pride Rock. It's been four months since Simba took over the pride as rightful king. The wet season started and all the herds returned. Zira and her pride were kicked out. Along with Tama and Kula's cubs, that Simba believed were Zira's. Simba formed the treaty with Nick's pride. All in all things had returned to normal, better even.

Mheetu was on vacation in the Green lands when his niece or nephew decided to come early. So I waited for him at the border the day his niece or nephew would be introduced to the herds and pride. And he had to think with his stomach, making us run late for an important event. Mheetu has grown into a fine young lion, but can't take anything seriously. He is really laid back.

Me on the other paw am now head hunter in the pride lands. I make the hunting parties, train hunters and soon would have to train Simba's son or daughter. I still haven't found a mate and I'm ok with that. I don't need a lion to define me and who I am. Not that I know who I am, because I don't. My mum died recently, but Sarabi and Sarafina have hang on long enough to see their first grand cub.

Mheetu and I make it to pride rock just as Nala appears carrying her cub. Simba by her side as they approach Rafiki. We lay down beside Zazu as Rafiki hugs the happy couple. Before taking their daughter into his arms. I smile, so we have a future queen on our hands. He holds her up for the herds to see and they cheer before bowing to her.

Rafiki brings her close to his chest allowing Simba and Nala to nuzzle her affectionately. I then hear Timon say "ah, Pumba. Look at that little guy! A chip off the old block. And you gotta know who's gonna raise him" he states.

"His parents, aunt and uncle" Pumba says.

"Okay, sure. Get technical. But who's gonna teach him the real important stuff? Like how to belch" Timon belches while I roll my eyes. "And dig for grubs. I'm telling you, buddy, it's gonna be like old times. You, me and the little guy" he says pointing to the baby girl. The rest of us all giggle or chuckle.

"It is a girl" Rafiki tells them with a smile.

"Girl" Timon says with a broad smile.

"Girl!" he and Pumba exclaim looking at each other. "Oy" they say fainting making me laugh out loud.

"Honestly Nala, what did you ever do to them?" Mheetu asks chuckling.

"Nothing, just scared them a little before realizing they were friends of Simba's" she states. "Now come meet your niece, you two" she tells us. We get up and approach them.

"So what's her name?" I ask while Mheetu nuzzles her.

"Kiara" Simba and Nala reply.

"Nice to meet you Kiara" I say nuzzling her. "I'm Aunty Mione" I tell her.

"And I'm Uncle Mheetu" Mheetu tells her. Simba takes Kiara from Rafiki and leads the way back into the main den. Nala begins to nurse Kiara. "I think she should be out in the sun, it's a beautiful day" Mheetu states.

"I agree, why not take her to the grooming rocks" I suggest. "I can bring your mother and Aunt Sarabi to meet her. We can have some girl time" I state.

"Great idea and the boys can catch up while we're gone" Nala states. Kiara pulls away from Nala with a yawn. Nala licks her forehead tenderly and picks her up gently. We leave the den before the boys could say anything. I go to find Aunt Sarabi and Sarafina. But can't find them and go to the grooming rocks to see them either side of Nala looking at a sleeping Kiara with pure adoration. (Image: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b6/88/37/b68837cc7ca9f4ca3de4d4717810c6fb.jpg).

"She's beautiful isn't she?" I ask as I lay in front of Nala.

"That she is" Sarafina agrees.

"She'll be a fine hunter" Sarabi states.

"Maybe, only time will tell" I tell her. "But I can tell you one thing" I state and they all look at me. "She'll be an amazing queen" I say smiling. They nod their heads in agreement. We stay out there a little longer until the hunting party returned. So we return to the den to introduce Kiara to the pride. They were all thrilled at the prospect of a future queen as there hasn't been a born queen in three generations. The last born queen was Simba and my great grandmother. We all eat before taking turns to go to the watering hole, that is full once again. Then call it an early day.

A/N

Picture above of Rafiki, Simba, Nala and three week old Kiara. Pictures in chapter of Mione and Mheetu now. Video above of the opening song and scene.