32

Rose

"Hey Luca, didn't know you would be here." Nick appears out of know where, wrapping his arm around Luca's shoulder. I watch his body rise, his tension building by the second. He trusted Nick, he's been a friend to him for years, so why now? Why has Nick decided to mess with his head?

"Rose, you look outstanding as usual, you are one lucky sod." Nick pulls Luca closer to him, I close my eyes hoping to god Daniel didn't hear that. Daniel's conversation has to be very in depth for him not to react, he's laughing with Chloe and maybe not even realising Nick's out here, threatening to ruin everything.

"Your outfits a bit trashy, even for you Rose." Emily growls at me as she appears behind Nick.

"I can't even see your outfit Emily." I snap back at her, taking in her tiny black dress.

"Wow, now you have some balls?" She steps closer to me, I take a stand raising my eyebrow.

"Emily shut up." Nick's spits at her, I watch in shock. As much as I don't like either of them, telling his supposed girlfriend to 'shut up'. Wow he's even more of a dick than I thought. Rolling my eyes, I try to back away from this conversation and move closer to Darcy, her eyes glaring at Emily like she's ready to kill.

"Easy there." I tap her shoulder, trying to hold back a laugh as Darcy's face softens towards me.

"I don't trust her Rose; look at how she's looking at Luca." Darcy growls. I look over at him, his eyes are closed, his nostril flaring and his body tense as Nick whispers things into his ear. What the hell is going on? I'm going crazy witnessing all of this. I can't just tell Daniel what's going on now, I have to tell him. Tomorrow I will tell him, I just need to persuade Luca that it's a good idea.

"Rose!" My brother yells over to me, his smile bright as he motions for me. I stand up, Darcy right behind me as we shimmy ourselves through the pact floor.

"What's up?" I ask, he smiles even brighter at me.

"Where is that bloke of yours?" He questions, I'm taken back for a second, what bloke?

"Who are you on about?" I ask nervously, surely, he doesn't know.

"That Jacob guy, that's why we've hardly seen you, you've been hiding him from us." He tugs me in closer to him, his eyes mischievous. Lee laughing next to him, both so unaware. God he's drunk and in a teasing mood.

"Who's Jacob? Now I'm intrigued." Emily butts in, Dan steps back opening the group up to all of us again. I look straight into Luca's eyes, he looks worried, scared even.

"What is going on?" I mouth to him, hoping he understands. His facial expression is blank but I can see many emotions behind his eyes.

"Some guy that Rose has been dating." My brother answers, not seeing the tension rise between mostly everyone but him and Lee.

"Wow, this just got interesting, Rose I didn't know you liked to shag about, poor Luca." Emily snaps. My head turns instantly, my knuckles cracking as I close them into tight fists.

"Don't start Emily." I take a deep breath, Luca's face reddening by the second.

"She's not sleeping about, what are you on about? What has this got to do with Luca?" My brother turns to face Emily and Nick completely. Oh shit, this is not good.

"Hey Daniel lets go dance again." Chloe tugs his shoulder but he doesn't move, his eyes trained on Nick's. I look at Chloe, thanking her with my eyes. It was no use, Daniel's about to find out If I like it or not.

"How's Rachel?" Nick asks my brother, an evil smirk crossing his face. Luca runs his fingers through his hair, I can see the panic blowing up in his brain.