11 | S H A T T E R E D

Vase after vase flew towards River-rose and she was beginning to run out of room to dodge them

Vase after vase flew towards River-rose and she was beginning to run out of room to dodge them. Suddenly, a vase hit her in the side of her head and she screamed. It had come out of no where. Her bare feet crunched over the shards of glass, but she didn't feel it. She was numb.

The walls closed in as the tall shadowed man neared her. She held her breath as he stepped into the light and then another man followed behind him, making her press herself into the wall.

 As her eyes slowly focused, she realized it was Nico who held a teasing smirk on his face. River had to hold back a gasp when Hayze then came into view. He looked as intimidating as ever and he towered over both Nico and her. His face was blank and now that she thought about it, she'd only ever seen two clear emotions from him and neither of them involved a smile.

"You said you'd be good," Hayze said in a low, mysterious voice. She hated the disappointment laced in his voice.

"I-I know. I have been."

Before she could even blink, River was slammed up against the wall and the dam holding back her tears broke.

"Wrong answer babe. You haven't been loyal," Nico tsked. That's when the realization hit her and she knew she deserved the punishment she was about to receive. 

Nico raised his hand. "It's time you learned to be a good girlfriend." Too bad I'm married then

River shot up straight in her bed, gasping for air. Her fluffy pillow was wet with tears and she was sticky with sweat. 

She took a moment to calm down her racing heart before going into her bathroom which was connected to her pretty bedroom.

When she first walked into the room, she was surprised to see how nice it was. It had lavender colored walls and a big white fluffy carpet right in front of a queen sized bed. Everything was colored light grey, lavender or white and the room was fairly simple. 

Hayze had spoiled her with the big poster board above a white desk which had her laptop for school work. It was very 'teen' and she was surprised Hayze had given her a room like this. She was a married woman now and the room didn't exactly fit 'married woman.'

She entered the bathroom and stripped before hopping underneath the large shower head that sprayed water like a light waterfall instead of a shower. 

She didn't know this but Hayze had it specifically designed just for her because he somehow found out that she adored the sound of rain and she had a thing for water.

Hayze had prepared a lot for River to make her comfortable. He had her room painted a calming lavender and he had a hovering bench installed beside her bay window so she could sit and look out the window into the flower garden. He also wanted to take her out so he could buy her more furniture for her room but he hadn't yet built up the courage to show interest in her because he didn't want to be rejected.