Vol 3 Chap 74

Warning: There are gore and violence content in this chapter

XH 74

When An Wan just halfway finished with her emergency report, the Third Prince suddenly disappeared, leaving the carriage empty of the occupant. She turned to ask An Jing something, but the older woman was currently busy ordering everyone to hasten the speed to return to the Third Prince's residence.

"Sister An Wan, head straight to Autumn Courtyard with some trusted guards to help the cleanup."

"Leave it to me, Sister An Jing."

Luckily all the guards that had traveled with the Third Prince to the palace were trusted guards, allowing An Wan to easily pick a few of them, along with the unyielding Da Bei that insisted to follow her.

It was only supposed to be a brief discussion with Uncle Xiao Liu about tomorrow's escort plans, but he was pulled along to escort the Third Prince from the palace back to the manor. Da An said nothing will happen to Xiao Hua inside the Third Prince manor that was filled with their own people, and that convinced Da Bei.

"You are wasting time, Aunt An Wan," Da Bei said solemnly, his eyes looked as if chastising her.

An Wan gave in after that and with their high cultivation, they managed to return to the Third Prince's residence in a short time to reach the Autumn Courtyard.

The first thing their sharp nose could scent was smoke and the lingering scent of blood that only high cultivation guards such as them could detect. The fire was out, leaving the storage building with only a quarter safe from being blackened.

Seeing that there was no occupant around, An Wan ordered the guards to find any evidence of what happened and made sure no one approach the site.

An Wan could guess where both of her masters and the two injured individuals would be. Realizing that she had forgotten to summon a doctor for the patients, she turned to Da Bei.

"Da Bei, quickly summon a doctor!"

"No need, An Wan. The young prince had already done so."

Hearing the familiar voice inside her head, she was relieved. "No need, Da Bei..." An Wan give the boy a glare when she noticed he had not even moved an inch after she told him to fetch a doctor!

"An Wan, come over to my room."

"Yes, mistress!" An Wan hurried towards her Mistress' chamber with Da Bei sticking close.

"Master, this is An Wan and Da Bei." An Wan announced their arrival before a door.

"Enter."

An Wan gently pushed the door open and ushered Da Bei in before closing the door behind them. Da Bei immediately kneels down with torso lowered until his forehead touched the ground.

The room was filled with the smell of medicine, smoke, and blood. An Wan spotted Xiao Hua on the bed with the Third Prince holding up her upper body as he tried to push a pill into the unresponsive girl's mouth.

"Long Zhu, you will end up choking that girl. Wait for the doctor to come first," a beautiful lady in her mid-twenties with bright red lips and sharp eyes chastised. She was dressed in red with feathers sewed at the ends of her sleeves, the collar of her robe and at the ends of her attire. Her hair was dark red in color with half of them pinned into a bun with golden phoenix hairpin.

"An Wan, when I rescued her, she was with another person. He's in the other room," the lady in red informed.

"I will go and identify him." An Wan gave her master and mistress a deep bow before heading to the next room.