Drunk Cheat

Oneshot

He'd crashed on the couch with his phone in his hand, his drunken body sprawled out over the couch like no one else lived with him. It infuriated her and as she rocked her infant son all she could think about was grabbing his phone and putting in the passcode she'd watched him type so many times.

She knew what she'd find. She knew it would be like all of the other times before because the gripping feeling in her stomach was back. The tell all sign that something was wrong and she needed to figure out exactly what it was.

She always felt it when she knew he was cheating. When he would pick fights for nothing or sprint back to the bathroom if he left his phone in before she went in. Or leave for hours on end.

It was always the same because she allowed it to be.

She let him have his cake and eat it too because she loved him, but after four kids and far too many mistresses to count, she was done. She was tired of being so dumb in love that she allowed him to hurt her over and over. She didn't think she had much more confidence he could crush.

So, she grabbed it.

With her heart racing and her arms feeling like lead she rocked back and forth, keeping the baby asleep, while she typed the password out.

She knew looking in his phone wasn't right. She'd never want anyone to go through her things, but she had to know where he'd been and who he'd been talking to out on the porch only an hour before.

Her thumb hovered over that bright green messages app for a few seconds before he stirred, scarring her and making her drop his phone to the couch beside him.

She froze.

With everything in her she willed for the alcohol to still be strong enough to keep him passed out. And after a few turns and a scratch of his nose he settled once again. She let out a silent breath and looked down at the baby who was still fast asleep unaware of his family's impending doom.