Chapter 2 - After All These Years (Part One)

Dominic's POV

10 Years Later 

I watched as she got up from her kneeling position in front of me and made her way to the bathroom attached to my office. I zipped myself up and returned to my laptop screen, refreshing my emails. I could hear her come out of the bathroom, and I felt her eyes on me. God damn it, what does she want from me now? 

"Is there a reason why you are standing there like an idiot instead of getting back to work? The club won't open itself you know?" 

I glanced up towards her. Slowly taking in her slim figure. She was tall, medium length, fiery red hair, and auburn eyes. She was pretty. I'll give her that but that is as far as it went. A pretty good time. Nothing more. Nothing less. 

"I was just wondering if I would see you tonight handsome?" Her adenoidal toned voice sounded out. 

I pinched the bridge of my nose. Why do they all want to hold onto something afterward? Some sort of hope of something more. Honestly, it infuriated me at times and today was already a bad day. She was a release for me and she knew this so why play dumb now? 

"Alexa, you know very well the answer to that. You know very well the type of... what's the word? Interactions we have. Do not play dumb with me now and try to con your way into something that is not there and never will be. Remember, I am still your boss and if you cannot do your job without emotions, demands or expectations then I suggest you leave this instant." 

"um... Y-Yes, sir. Understood. Thank you." 

I could see the irritation, bordering anger on her face. No other actual emotion to it. Most women would be quite hurt with my treatment of them, however, Alexa was angry with it. Why? Because I was merely her status trophy. There was no other sentiment besides climbing that ladder of wealth and having failed at that once again just didn't sit well with her. Nonetheless, she picked up her handbag, straightened her dress and walked out of my office. 

The door was about to close on its own when a foot stopped it. I glanced up, once again, from my laptop to see the boot belonging to the only female employee I trusted solely with my life. Ruby. She had been with me since my father died in a territorial warfare and her father later succumbed to his injuries from the same battle. That was 10 years ago. We were still in school and she made her decision already then to stay. She hasn't changed much since then. She only cut her hair shorter than before and gained a few tattoos. She was, however, a lot fitter, and built body wise. 

"I see you had your junk suc-" She began pointing out the obvious

"Did you come here to give me a headache or for a valid purpose?" I cut her off.

And unfortunately, her attitude has simply worsened which lands up being a pain in my ass most of the time. 

"Oh, pipe down big boy. So touchy these days. I thought the 'purpose' of Alexa, and all those other whores of yours, was to make you less touchy and moody." She grinned at me.