Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Get A Storage Room.

Anna

"Weather is primarily measured in terms of temperature, atmospheric pressure or the pressure of the air resting on the Earth, precipitation and humidity..." Mr. Harris explains as he writes the notes of the lesson on the green chalkboard.

I write them down after him and try not to focus on the fact that I feel like my head is going to explode any minute now. The whole lesson is one hour, but it feels like it has been two hours and that time is slowly torturing me.

If time was a person just like in Alice through the Looking Glass, I would have slapped him across the face for slowing down school hours and passing time as fast as a train in the weekends.

I let out a sigh, but I blew pretty darn hard, that it came out as a farting-sound sigh. Every single person turns their head around and looks at me. Even Mr. Harris stops writing on the board and turns to me. Colette raises an eyebrow at me in question.

"Miss Falls, we don't tolerate passing gas publicly." He says. And the entire class breaks down into chuckles and giggles.

"N-no, I-I didn't do...that. I was just sighing a-and it came out l-like that," I stammer over my words and I try to do the sigh (fart) sound I did, but it came out as a normal sigh. Mr. Harris sighs (a proper sigh), shakes his head and returns back to oh-so-annoyingly-explaining the definition of weather and climates.

I sink in my seat, avoiding the stares and the chuckles of the people by pulling my beanie down on my head. The worst thing is that Alexander is in this class.

I don't really see his reaction, because I'm fixing my gaze on my notebook. I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm some kind of farting stalker. And that doesn't really sound appealing.

| | | |

"Oh and Alexander was there," I finish explaining my so-called farting situation in geography class to Riley.

Our art teacher, Mrs. Morgan, gave us some time to discuss our class project with our partners and luckily, Riley is my partner. Since I suck at drawing and a monkey can probably draw better than I can; I chat with Riley while she draws the portrait, but I promised I would help with coloring it because, lucky me, I can color inside the lines which is good. 

"Did you see his reaction?" She asks, as she does the outlining of a butterfly.

"Not really," I reply. "But, I'm sure he thinks I'm a complete weirdo."

"I think you should talk to him, Lyn," she suggests.

"No way," I shake my head, remembering the last time I talked to him.

"Hey," Alexander says as soon as he approaches me.

"H-hey me?" I ask, pointing at me. "I mean, hey."

"You're Anna, right?" He asks sitting in the seat next to mine.

"Yeah, or Lyn. My friends call me both." I tell him, but then I press my lips in a thin line. Okay, focus, Anna. Calm the heck down.

He chuckles and his laugh–of course–is beautiful like the rest of him. "Okay, Lyn," he settles and I smile. "So, I heard you're good at history," he says.

"I am?" I frown, questioning myself more. It is like I totally forgot anything related to school or my life, but then it hit me. History. I'm good at history.

"Yes!" I practically yell, but I lower my voice down and repeat a 'yes'.

"Great," he grins. "How about we both do the homework together later?"