13 ||

•° ✿ °•

Wonpil leans against the brick wall, his eyes closed. He takes a deep breath before exhaling; a cloud of fog comes out of his mouth due to the freezing weather. With the tapping of his feet, he allows his body to relax a bit. As soon as he left the dorms where his friends were, he walked towards an alley near downtown. He collected his thoughts. He collected himself.

Dowoon and (y/n).

Wonpil thinks they're a great match.

But to accept and support them fully was a different story.

His lips twitched. Next thing he knew, the tears were out and flowing down his face. Despite his stained and damp cheeks, he finds himself smiling. He never thought the day would come that the person he was crying about was not because of a break-up or unrequited love, but jealousy maybe? He inhales sharply as your face flashes into his mind.

That smile of yours that he took for granted.

He left you in search of someone to love.

But the more you disappeared from his life, the less he saw that smile.

The less he heard your angelic voice.

The less he saw his best friend.

"(y/n), what do I really feel?" He mutters to himself, fist pounding against the brick wall.

"I want to know too, Wonpil."

His breath hitches. With a swift turn, your figure comes into view. He remains still, unable to move nor speak. Maybe it was the water flowing from his eyes or his thoughts getting caught by the person he least wants to hear it.

You stood there, waiting for an answer. Wonpil could see the desperation in your eyes. You weren't going to let him go until you've heard his answer. He sighs. He averts his gaze from yours, turning his back against you.

"It's useless to ask, (y/n)." He responds softly.

"What do you mean it's useless?" Your voice cracks, making Wonpil's emotions spring up stronger.

That's because he doesn't know the answer either.

"Don't tell me you don't know. You do." Your words make his eyes widen.

He stays still. You watch him with shaky hands. There is a lump in your throat as you try not to cry and swallow at the same time. However, Wonpil couldn't find the courage to meet your eyes. He doesn't say a word, but he does take a step. A step farther from you.

You watch him slowly walk away from you.

Your knees give in.

It was unfair.

"Kim Wonpil..." You sob, tears blurring your vision.

He isn't any different.

The farther he got, the louder his footsteps became.

"(y/n)..." He whispers under his breath as more tears fall from his eyes.

But it isn't the end.

You refused it to be.

You gather your strength and get on your feet, despite your wobbly knees. Without hesitation, you sprint toward his direction. The wind blows on your face, making your face feel cold. However, it didn't matter. The only thing, the only person mattered was before you. 

Wonpil turns around upon hearing a figure approach him. He didn't have the time to react. All he could see was a girl charging at him. The next thing he remembers is seeing the sky above him as his back hits the wall with a thud. Then there she stood head with her head buried against his chest, the cause of his now damp shirt.

He watches. He listens. He knows how broken you are, just like he is.

"Answer me, you coward!"

Wonpil blinks, then he finally meets your eyes. The same broken pair of eyes that resembled his. He lost it. He couldn't take it anymore. 

"Do you not feel the same way or are you just stupid?"

With a loud yelp, he flips you over and pushes you against the wall.

°•. ✿ .•°