X

He inches closer to your face slowly and you stay frozen. Inches away, the faint ding of an elevator cuts him off as he steps back a bit. Your lips were inches apart.

He lets go of your hands and smiles before leaving down the hall.

Closing the door quickly, you lock it and slide down it, thumping against the floor.

Your heart beating at an inhumane pace. Placing your palm over your chest, you steady your breathing.

Did I almost kiss Mark? And did I... want to?

Walking back to your bedroom door, you lay down face first. Staying in the same position for like 5 seconds, you start flailing your limbs around while feeling your cheeks heating up.

Stupid, stupid (Y/N)! That's your bully!

Regretting everything that happened in those quick minutes, you realize what the hell you actually read in that message/letter the school sent.

Maybe I should text them...Nah, they're probably asleep anyways...

Smiling to yourself like the idiot you are, you ignore what you wanted to do and get up to brush your teeth and change into something more comfortable for sleeping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In class, you kinda wanted to die as you had to sit far, far away from your friends, leaving you to be around some people who also, had to sit far away from their friends. Everybody was kinda awkward as you didn't really pay attention to what they were saying. Pulling out your phone, you wait for the assembly to start.

"Psst... Psst... (Y/N)." Somebody from behind whispers. Whipping your head around you look at people behind you and see May, a row behind you. Turning around you begin to talk to her.

"So I'm guessing this is anybody that meets the qualifications of the letter. Not just one department." You say kinda weirded out.

"Yeah. I've seen countless people from different departments. I even saw people I didn't even know attended our school. Which is like, weird in a way." She whispers to you, just like all the people around you two.

The lights begin to dim down as your attention was brough to the front of the auditorium. Turning around, you finally receive answers to some of your questions.

"Good morning students." The principal says. Everybody returns the greeting back to her as it was only kind.

"So I am very sure you are all wondering what this is about. You know, about the letter and everything. And I am here to answer some of those questions." She returns the smile back to the crowd of teenagers.

"First of all, this is for the Christmas festival and yes, we still have the Halloween dance going on." She pauses as some people, mostly the girls, sigh in relief and some chatter goes on before quickly quieting down."Back onto the topic," she continues.

"So yes, this Christmas festival will be open to the public and will probably be the biggest school celebration ever. We are very excited to be working with other top students from other amazing and great schools that are not in our district. We would like to pair up many of you to show those students around the school and share this opportunity with them. Later today, your teachers will email you your assigned group/partner and where you will be stationed up." She pauses as the room remains dead silent.

"We hope that each of you can produce something to put on display this festival so that many can see all of your increadible talents. Later on in the week, you will be evaluated on your skill level and so on to see how you're doing. Since we don't have much time, the preparations must be made early on." The principal pauses as she nods at some people sitting behind her.