Ch 3 ~ The Dungeons

When I finally wake up I am staring at a ceiling of wood. I quickly stand up when I remember what had happened.

Where had that dark haired elf taken me? Does she not know that I am a daughter of the House of Elrond?

I look around. I am in a very small space and a door of bars is the only way out.

Great.

I slump to the floor.

She's put me in a cell. Oh, Ada is going to have a fit when he learns about this. I'm not going to be allowed to leave Rivendell for at least another fifty years.

The sound of footsteps shake me out of my thoughts. The dark haired elf who had kidnapped me appears at the door to my cell, her grey eyes tilted with the smirk on her face. I walk up to face her and lean against the wall, my head tilted back and at ease.

"So..." she starts, staring at me inquisitively. "You are now officially a prisoner of the Woodland Realm; found wandering the forest on our borders."

Her eyes flash with accusation. "Some kind of spy?"

I let out a bark of laughter.

"Does no one recognize me?" I say letting a smirk of my own slip past my lips. "Lady Celebríel, daughter of Lord Elrond of Rivendell, not very pleased to meet you, might I add."

She laughs.

"No offense but you do not strike me as a child of Lord Elrond... Or a lady for that matter" She adds with a smirk.

I look at her with narrowed eyes. She smirks. I scowl.

"Let me out." I say with gritted teeth trying really hard not to reach through the bars and slap that infuriating smirk off her smug face.

"No can do, my lady." she says mockingly and shrugs. "I am here to interrogate you. What were you doing wandering the forest of Mirkwood?"

I scowl.

"I've already told you" I say in measured breaths. "I was on a diplomatic mission for my father to visit this 'lovely' kingdom. I was travelling with-"

My mind goes back to the day before and my heart plummets in my chest.

"My brothers! I was travelling with them when we got attacked by those foul spiders!"

I glared at her, my green eyes full of worry and anger.

"Let me guess, pets of yours? Because only Mirkwood could house such monsters!" I spit out. "Thanks to this accursed forest my brothers are as good as spider breakfast now."

She looks at me now with her eyebrows furrowed, all her previous playful energy replaced with worry.

"Fërian! Elíyen!" She barks over her shoulder. An elf and she-elf clad in armor quickly run up to her.

"Get word to the King." She speaks quickly and authoritatively. "Two more elves might be in the forest. We have reason to believe that they are from Rivendell. Find them."

The elves nod and rush off. She begins to follow them but I call back to her.

"And what about me?" I shout expecting to be let out of this cramping cell.

She calls over her shoulder. "You'll stay here. Enjoy."

And with a swish of her long dark hair, she is gone.