Chapter 1

Jennie's POV

"I do so like green eggs and ham! Thank you! Thank you, Sam I Am."

I finished the story I was telling to my sons.

"Again mommy, again." My eldest son Zachary said.

I smiled at him. "I already read it two times buddy it's time to go to sleep." I said to him.

He whined his lip poking out a bit. "But I don't want to go to sleep."

"I know that you don't but you have to." I said being firm with the little one.

"Mommy I don't want to go to sleep." He persisted.

Why must I always give in. "Okay Zach how about I put Skylar in his crib and I'll come back to read you one last story then you have to go to bed." I said giving him his ultimatum.

"Okay." He said with a smile.

"Good, now tell your little brother goodnight." I said to him.

"Goodnight Sky love you sweet dreams." He said giving his little brother a kiss on the forehead.

I smiled at the warm gesture. "Get into the bed Zach I will be right back." Zach jumps into his bed shaped like a racecar and got under the covers.

I walked out of the room with Skylar on my hip and I walked to the kitchen to get his bottle.

If you didn't know already I have two sons my eldest is three and my youngest is nine months.

I am a single mom as of recently when I decided to leave my husband.

I stayed with him as long as I could for our boys but I didn't think it would be fair for them to see their mother so unhappy because I was.

My husband wasn't a bad man at all I just needed more than what he could give me, because of his job I never seen him and I was so extremely lonely.

When we were first married and decided to start a family together he was always there he made amazing money at his old job and I did really decent too with my job so we didn't need anything else.

When he was presented with another job that brought in a lot more money he jumped on it regardless of my protest.

He was gone so much I was surprised when we managed to get pregnant a second time because we hardly had sex.

I wish things turned out differently because my sons deserve their parents together but they deserve parents that also had a healthy relationship which we didn't have.

After collecting Skylar's bottle I take him to his room and I walked over to his crib,

I look down at my youngest and a smile played on my lips.

If I wasn't sure about anything I was sure that I loved my kids more than anything they were all I needed right now.

"I love you Sky I'll see you in the morning or most likely in the middle of the night when you wake me." I joked kissing him on the forehead.

I placed him in his crib and I handed him his bottle which he took, I made sure his nightlight and monitor was on before walking out closing the door behind me.

I made my way back to Zach's room to find him already asleep like I presumed he had a busy day I knew he wouldn't be able to stay up long.

I walked over to his bed and leaned down; I run my hand over his dark curly hair that stopped at his neck. I pulled the covers up on him and I kiss him gently on the forehead.