⁰⁸, FRIENDLY HOOK-UP

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 . . . 𝘍𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘭𝘺 𝘏𝘰𝘰𝘬-𝘶𝘱
❝ Are you getting soft on me, Mariano

  LORELAI GILMORE WAS not happy with her daughter. Not the girl in the private school uniform nervously awaiting a brewing argument, the one who was still in bed protesting the idea of school.

  "Get up."

  Charlie groaned.

  "Charlie."

  "Dude."

  "Don't dude me," Lorelai snapped, pulling the quilt that was covering Charlie Gilmore off of her bed, "You just left last night!"

  "Yeah," Charlie groaned, curling into a ball in hopes of re-warming herself in any way, "Bet you've done it tons of times."

  "I understand getting upset, Charlie," Lorelai sighed, "But leaving without telling me where you were going, and not texting or calling until you showed up at one in the morning—"

  "I was pissed off," Charlie snapped tiredly, standing from her bed abruptly, "Can you let me get ready for school?"

  Lorelai sighed in defeat, closing the bedroom door a bit too harshly. Charlie, on the other hand, let out a noise of frustration before angrily pulling open a dresser drawer, repeating this noise when it came crashing onto the ground mere inches from her bare feet.

  "I take it this morning didn't go well?"

  "No, it didn't go well," Charlie mumbled, her head halfway into her locker Emma was leaning beside, "I'm so tired of it, having a curfew— I just want to move out already."

  "Let's do it, me, you, Scooter, N.Y.C."

  "Ha-ha," Charlie let out dryly, standing up straight and gently shutting her locker, "So, how did last night go?"

  "No, how did your night go?"

  "Met a couple of guys that go to school out of the country, got their number," Charlie sighed, starting their walk to homeroom, "One of them was pretty cute, but, you know, I'm not up for a long-distance thing."

  "No, I get that," Emma nodded, nervously tucking a curl behind her ear, "So, uh, I kind of. . . ended up back here."

  "Hm, Stars Hollow High calls your name when you're under the influence?"