Part 27

Author's POV

"Your Highness."

Jungkook turned around to see the guards holding Namjoon.

"What is this?!" He snapped, stepping towards them with furious expression.

They all knelt in front of him. "The queen was trying to break the prisoners free along with her butler. They lied about their intention, saying they were checking the dungeon, claiming it was your order when you never mentioned that to us. We engaged in a battle with the prisoners, locked the queen in the cell and brought her butler to you."

He was shocked by this newfound information. "Y/N planning an outbreak?" He wondered.

His eyes fell on Namjoon, his old friend, former beloved brother. His heart stung, seeing him almost lifeless and bleeding heavily.

"Get him treated immediately!" He yelled at the guards who flinched at his sudden outburst.

They scurried out of the room and left the king alone.

He rubbed his eyes and let out a long sigh.

"You're planning to ambush me, aren't you, Taehyung?"

⚜️⚜️⚜️

"They have entered the castle and are waiting for your signal, Your Highness."

Taehyung nodded to the soldier. "Commence the attack."

The soldier shot an arrow with a flame burning at its tip over the castle walls and it hit the top tower.

As soon as it landed, everyone yelled and charged forward, spreading panic all over the kingdom.

But to their surprise, archers appeared before them and started shooting arrows at them, causing them to halt their movements.

Among this commotion, Jungkook made his appearance, grabbing Taehyung's attention.

"You're making a mistake, prince," he stated in a loud voice, looking down at him.

"No, I'm doing what's right, putting things in their rightful places. Your reign over this kingdom is ending now!" Taehyung retracted.

Jungkook gritted his teeth, wore his helmet and descended down the stairs to fight his past companion.

His insides were overflowing with myriad of emotions. He was feeling rage, sorrow, irritation, fear all at the same time.

He wished that none of this had ever happened, but now, he had no choice but to cross swords with him.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Y/N was kicking and pushing the cell door when the fight started. The loud sounds coming from the outside made her stop and look outside the barred window.

She gasped and whimpered when the two men swinging their swords at each other came into her view.

She shook her head, eyes shut, ears covered by her hands, and sat on the cold floor.

She prayed for them to make it out alive, both of them.

Even though Jungkook committed unforgivable crimes, she still cared for him, for it wasn't completely all his fault and she knew that. Both of them, both of their parents, both of their kingdoms were at fault.

Nevertheless, she would never forgive him for he took away the most precious ones to her. And now, the life of her most beloved was at stake.

Taehyung wasn't involved in their quarrels but he threw himself into the fire for her. And she couldn't take it. Not at all. Not ever.

"Y/N?!"

She jolted up at the call of her name and turned to the door. A muffled shuffling sound could be heard from the outside.

"Y/N? Are you in there?!"

A familiar voice sang out, louder this time and someone banged on the metal door.

She stood up and waddled towards it.

"I'm here!" She knocked on it, signaling that she was inside.

A loud clicking sound was heard and the door slowly opened, revealing the red haired butler.

She quickly wrapped her arms around him, heart beating rapidly, and whispered, "Thank you."

Jimin chuckled and pulled her hand before running through the corridors.

"You must go and help Taehyung, I'm fine," she said.

"He told me to keep you safe during this whole thing. I can't do that."

She groaned and snatched her hand from his, stopping at the main entrance that connected the dungeon to the castle.

"I said I'm fine! He's your future king and his life must be your top priority. Right now, he's out there fighting on the verge of death, so go!"

He gulped and turned away. "Still, I'm not disobeying him."

Her mouth dropped and she frowned. She pondered for a while and suddenly started running away from him, to the outside of the castle. It was the only way he would go to the prince, so she decided that it was the only way.

"Y/N!" He followed her.

"Stop! You'll be in danger!"

She stepped outside where everyone was fighting their own battles. It was chaotic.

A storm of arrows was buzzing and frizzing through the sky. Men were screaming and screeching as the ground was becoming painted in melted red.

Her heart was thumping and her mind was wavering as she dashed through a swarm of metal clad bodies.

She was reminded of the past, those unfortunate events that haunted her.

But she still ran, despite the calls from the butler from behind, towards the man who had her heart, her soul.

The man she wanted to hold onto and never let go.

Not today. Not ever.

A/N: We're nearing the end ✌️
I hope this story is not getting boring 😅