Chapter 26 - Heart Knows

The day was somewhat a hectic one for Anika. She was almost all over the office checking everyone's work and making sure things were in place. Vishal and Tanuja were dedicated people, they'd seen to most of the things.

It was close to lunch time. Anika sat going through the detailed contract with the designer. Vishal pushed open the door slightly asking for permission. She smiled looking up at him.

"Not having lunch yet?" he inquired as he walked in and sat on the chair opposite to hers. He was always more like a friend than an employee. Anika smiled, "Last file."

"Umm-there was a small problem, but don't worry it's taken care for." he added the latter part quickly.

"What?" she looked up immediately trying to read his face.

"The KK Photography Studios demanded for more money. They had apparently done a lot of work on the pre-wedding shoot. They demanded a double up for shooting the wedding."

"What ! How can they! We had ourselves clear..!" A frown etched itself on her face.

"Like I said, worry not, I have got Mohan Studios on it. Now, if you'd take care of yourself and have lunch that would be great! Oh-yes Tanuja is gone down to the church so she asked me to tell you she wouldn't be able to make it by lunch."

"Okay!" Anika glanced back at the file in head. He sighed, taking the file from her hand."You eat first."

"Vishal--"

"No. Eat. You've been running around like crazy since morning. Seeming nothing short of a  workaholic. That's a terrible vibe for employees to get- workaholic boss!"

She grinned."I just want everything to run smoothly. "

"It will." He reassured with a smile.

"You- had lunch?" She asked in goodwill.

"Ahh- I will, once I am sure you've eaten. While you eat, I'd brief you on what happened at the meeting yesterday. By the way how was your family outing yesterday?"

"Lovely." she smiled and then controlled her laughter remembering what happened at the mall.

"Hmm, it's nice to see you smile genuinely than look depressed."

Anika looked up and met his gaze. "Thank you, for--"

"Well. Madam, friendship is two way street. Skip the thank-yous, I'd prefer leaves, Boss!" he winked.

Anika laughed. "Oh- no. Not happening. Your holiday equals double work for me."

"Same pinch. So you owe me one for yesterday."

"Mr. Vishal, the details of the meeting, please?"