sixty-nine

69

VIOLA BENJAMIN

"OH HONEY, IT'S NOT your finest moment

"OH HONEY, IT'S NOT your finest moment." Genevieve pats Viola's back sympathetically, her nose scrunched with a funny look in her eye. Viola sighs, leaning her elbows on her knees and placing her head in her hands as she lets out an annoyed, animalistic groan.

"It was an accident! I didn't mean to make assumptions about the way he feels about me." Viola grumbles when she hears the agonising buzz of her mobile phone, which had been silenced after hours of endless texts and phone calls from the other end of a regretful conversation.

"Vi, honestly it's probably not even that big of a deal. You're probably just overthinking the whole thing and making it into somethings it's not." Genevieve sighs and Viola wrings her hands, chewing on her lip nervously at her best friend's incessant need to always be reasonable.

Viola groans, "you're probably right. I think I blew this out of proportion."

Genevieve places a hand over her heart, "I always am."

Viola purses her lips and falls back flat against the plush duvet that covers her queen-sized bed. Viola lets out a long breath, staring up at the white ceiling as she tries to comprehend the onslaught of thoughts that continuously race through her mind.

Genevieve leans over, handing Viola's phone to her. "Just talk to him, no harm no foul." The phone continues to buzz in Genevieve's hand and she grunts, throwing it to her friend. "Seriously, put the guy out of his damn misery. Who knew he could be so obsessed with you."