Chapter 39

Chapter 39

*sensitive content ahead*

I froze when I saw the scene in front of me.

Why?

He is still with her?

But-

Didn't he want this? He wanted to be married-and he is already cheating on me? He has a girlfriend for fuck's sake. I slowly tried to get out of the scene in front of me.

I walked feeling....numb. I don't know why am I feeling like this. So hurt. When I am over him.

Or I thought?

I don't wanna know.

I had only took a few steps away and I wasn't looking where I was going and stumbled and broke a vase on the near by table. The sound cracked through the air.

I flinched at the loud sound. They no doubt heard it.

I tried to move away from the pieces of the vase, trying to walk carefully. A hand grabbed my elbow from behind and turned me towards them.

It was daniel. "Emily." He breathed out. Just one look at my face and he knew that I saw them.

His expression for a alightest second turned into fear as he began to said. "It wasn't what it looked like. Emily I sw-

I angrily took my arm away from his grasp. "I want nothing to do with a cheater like you!" I shouted and I could feel the tears threatening to escape. My throat bubbling up with the silenced sobs that so much wanted to escape.

I turned to walk away and had only taken a few steps when he came in front of me quickly.

"Emily I-"

I glared at him. "Shut up! Just shut up! It's only our engagement and you are already with someone else! You are a fucking cheater! Why didn't you tell me that you were going to keep your whores with you! I-I had stated to think that it was good that you found me and brandon. That my son has now a father! He won't be deprived of his father his whole life but now-I am seriously questioning it." I said my words running out of my mouth angrily. I didn't know what I was saying because anger was clouding my head that much.

"You are a fucking liar! I am so stupid." I said. I don't know how I was feeling but they were definitely not good. Sad, hurt, angry a mixture of them.

The insecurities were clashing down on me. Again.

I was about to open my mouth again but stopped when he gripped my wrists tightly. "Cheater? Cheater! Emily why don't you trust me! Why did you even thought that I would cheat on you! I didn't. I never will. And brandon is my son. You don't have any right to act like he is just your son! He is mine too. I really am trying to make an effort. For you and brandon."

He paused. Before I could even say anything or even proceed what was happening. He started again. "She wasn't even invited, I don't know how she came and then suddenly she dragged me there she wanted to talk about something important and then there she jumped on my bones. And before I could even react you came and saw us." He said.

His eyes were still hardened but he wasn't angrily saying things like before. There was some hurt detect in his eyes. "I wish you had trust me." He whispered and then let go of my hands.

What the fuck have I done?

I wanted to apologize to him but no words came out of my mouth. I opened my mouth to say something! Anything! But ended up closing again not knowing what to say.