Chapter 1

-

-

-

-

DISCLAIMER: Some of the characters will not be politically correct, or will conform to toxic masculinity and make jokes about it. There will be offensive jokes most likely. There will be violence and fighting. There will also be homophobic characters - especially the actually homosexual ones. There may be drug use mentioned. 

I am not just putting all of this stuff in for fun - it is important to the plot and character development. If any of this is triggering to you, this book is probably not for you. 

Any similarities to another book is coincidental. 

THIS BOOK IS COPYRIGHT MATERIAL

I am open to constructive criticism in the comments - but homophobic or other offensive and harmful comments will be blocked and reported. 

I rolled out of bed with a groan, blearily looking for my phone. 

Fifteen missed calls from Dad. 

I huff in disgust and throw it away, rubbing my face. I let my arm drop and look around. 

Ew. Whose room even is this? The walls were pale blue, and literally covered with polaroids. Clothes spilled out of an open walk-in-wardrobe. A silver MacBook covered with skateboard stickers rested on a desk, overflowing with paper. 

My head pounded. 

I hauled myself to my feet, holding on to the bed, then froze. 

A girl lay on the bed with her back to me, bright orange traffic cone hair splayed across the pillow. I squinted. Who-? 

I turned back to the wall, stepping closer to the polaroids. My eyes bulged when I saw who featured in every photo. I sucked in air in between my teeth.

Right. 

I forgot she dyed her hair. 

Behind me, on the bed, was Mallory Taylor - Rocco Denver's girlfriend. 

I ran both my hands through my hair. 

What the actual fuck. 

I snatched my jacket from the floor, tugging it over my shoulders. I could not believe it. How drunk was I last night? Shit. I couldn't remember anything. 

I slipped out her bedroom door and made my way quickly down the stairs to the front door. Beer bottles were scattered everywhere. Dirt spilled across the carpet from broken plant pots. There were still sleeping bodies sprawled across sofas. I wondered if Rocco was there. 

I smirked. Mallory is going to have a fun time explaining this to her parents. And on a school night. 

And explaining it to Rocco.

I slipped out the open front door, scanning the road for my bike. 

Ah, there she was, the sexy beast. I pulled my helmet over my head and swung my leg over the seat. 

She roared to life as soon as I turned the keys - thank god, I hadn't filled her up in a while. It was a sound I usually loved, but today it just my head hurt more. 

I went to the nearest 7/11 and bought Gatorade, a sandwich, and peppermint gum. The air was sharp and cold, probably because it was like seven in the morning. I sat on my bike and ate my sandwich. I took a few painkillers out of my wallet, washing them down with Gatorade. I popped two sticks of gum into my mouth. I looked up at the overcast sky. Maybe I will go to school today.  Can't miss out on the drama in between Mallory and Rocco.