Handcuffed to Zander

Chapter 1: One Hell of a Night

Song Chapter: Here by Alessia Cara

Aria Evans

"Your grandma keeps eye raping me."

We were currently at dinner. Dad was discussing his usual business job over the phone while my mother typed on her computer quite furiously in concentration.

That left my grandma to give her flirtatious glances at my best friend, making both of us quite uncomfortable.

"It's HBO I tell you, ever since she discovered it."

This was how dinner time usually was. I was grateful when Dylan would join us, or else this would've been more awkward than it already was.

Dylan moved uncomfortably when my grandma winked.

Oh my god.

"That's it!"

Dylan grumbled as he coughed and stood up abruptly, grabbing the attention of both my parents.

He smiled, as he nodded softly at them.

"thank you for dinner Mr. and Mrs. Evans but Aria and I have to go."

Grandma attracting best friend say what?

My mom smiled glancing at Dylan and then at me.

"Where to kids?"

Oh this should be good.

"Yeah Dyls, where to?"

I intercepted, giving him the 'you lying bastard' look. He smirked big, informing me with his eyes to go along to whatever he was about to say

"I'm surprised Aria didn't tell you. There's this small friendly gathering at our friends house that we've been invited to."

Mom gave me a quizzical look while dad grunted, returning back to his phone call.

Smiling, I shrugged.

"Oops? I guess I forgot to mention it. I'm sorry."

Dylan nodded apologetically while mom sighed.

"Well it's quite alright honey. Have fun."

And it was that easy.

sometimes I thought I actually needed parenting. But then I look at Dylan, whose parents were happily married with three children who they gave their undivided attention to and I think I'm doing one hell of a good job raising myself.

Because Dylan was one weird potato.

"Thanks mom, will do."

With that being said, I led myself outside the front door to Dylan's blue Subaru. She was Dylan's baby named Auburn. He named his car a totally different color than what the car's color actually was.