CHAPTER ONE: INTRUSION

A/N: This book is 100% work of fiction and also 100% created from my imagination. Any resemblance to true life event is totally coincidental.

There's violence in first and second chapter, If you find it irritating, you skim to the third.

Not fully edited

Do not copy or translate. ❌

Amanda's POV

My growling stomach woke me up from deep slumber in the middle of the night; the hunger intensifying as soon as the remaining drowsiness vanished.

As if to remind me that I needed something down there, it growled again.

After attending to clients from morning till 9:00 p.m, I was too exhausted to snack on something decent. Now I'd have to pay for my negligence sooner or later.

Where do I begin? Honestly, I didn't feel like getting up to go to the kitchen when I'd rather be getting my beauty sleep.

I groaned in frustration remembering I'd forgot to restock the groceries.
I'm just gonna have to prepare junk food, consisting of rice, oil, maggi and onions.
Tomorrow morning, I would compensate my stomach with a box of pizza and glass of orange juice.

Dragging myself out of bed, I made my way to the door, stopped abruptly on hearing footsteps slowly creeping towards my bedroom door.

Many wouldn't have noticed considering the almost inaudible sound of it, but after years of fighting life and death situations on dangerous streets, heightened my sensitivity.

I inhaled and exhaled steadily, willing myself to not panic. I can deal with whoever the intruders are. By the way, they can't gain access into my room because of my bronze deadbolt. To reassure myself, I slid a hand slowly to the doorknob to feel its texture, the cold surface of it sending chills through my palm, to my body.
Whatever they are here for, they would have to leave in
disappointment...

My remaining thoughts scattered the moment the door burst open, sending me flying to the hard tile floor.

I stifled a desperate groan forcing it way to my mouth, my eyes fixated on the three masked men standing before me.

Immediately, my dim room illuminated by a flashlight shone by one of men that succeeded in breaking into my room, directly to my face, half-blinding me at the process.

"Where is the money?!" the man with the flashlight, growled. Something which I detected, a voice almost similar to his, stirred to life an emotion I'd been subjected to battle with for years. Fear triumphed over my earlier confidence.

"W-what money?" I replied as gentle as possible, frantically trying to avoid having analogous history, repeating itself.

"Don't play dumb with me!" he snapped. "Provide all the cash available in this fucking apartment or I deliver two bullets in your stupid head."

I was beyond terrified now, getting a glimpse of the pistol he held against my skull wasn't helping the situation. My teeth clattered, my heart pounded ferociously against my ribcage.

It's best if I comply by giving them the amount I have with me, since the plan of dying anytime soon is no where in my agenda, I reasoned. I've read and heard so many congruous recounting from different sources on social media, blogs, that ended with the victims losing their life due to lack of cooperation.

"Do you in anyway think we are here to watch your breast?"

Wait-what?

Looking down to my chest, I gasped taking good abashed view of my exposed bosom, as though trying to defend me against the criminals.
Reason why I hated sleeping in robe, I should have make do with my pajamas.

Buried in fright and embarrassment, I gathered the sides to cover my chest once again. My hands shaking badly.

"I will ask you for the last time, where is the money?"

Did you give me any money to keep for you!

I wanted to yell at him, but thought better of it. "Over there," I said, pointing at my wardrobe.

"You will give it to me yourself." Before I could register his command fully, he grabbed me forcefully dragging me behind him to my closet. Yanked me violently to my feet that I feared my shoulder dislocating.

Visibly trembling, I pulled out my handbag from the wardrobe, dug for the money I got for the day's services, and handed it to him.

"Good girl," he growled, hint of excitement laced in his voice.

He frowned.

"How much is this!" he barked of a sudden, to my surprise, the excitment gone. My gaze travelled to the money in his hand, he squeezed it clearly not satisfied.

"That's all the money I've got here," I replied sincerely.

I heard the cock of a trigger; my heart leaped to my throat, eyes widened. "P-please believe me, you can check it for yourself," I cried, my life flashing before my eyes. I've got dreams to achieve in reality. I can't lose my life at the age of twenty-four. I'm still so young to be swallowed my mother earth. My sick mother will die instantly if she hears of it. She and my two siblings entirely depend on me since the lost of my father a year ago. How will she survive another loss?

"Please, don't kill me. Take all of my things. I have a sick mother to take care of."

"And you think we should care?" he growled, the two at the door snickered, obviously enjoying my helplessness.

Experiencing the cruel side of deadly thugs is not a favorable encounter I'd ever wish for even my worst enemy. The probability of getting killed or physically damaged, is terrifying.

"You seem to be a good girl, except for your bitchy ego that-"

Ego?

"-might get you killed. Now remove your nightie, lie on the bed and spread your legs like wild rumor," he said near my ear, hint of humor dangling in his words, couple with his mocking tone. "You've got no more money, we take what's right for us. Nice breast you endowed with, by the way."

My heart sank to my stomach.

No! He couldn't mean what I just heard him utter. I'd rather I receive some bullets. "Shout, and I'll kill you," he threatened through gritted teeth, unbuckling his belt.