The promise

BRIANA'S POV

My due date is in two weeks and I have been staying with Elena so that Fin couldn't get to me. Klaus seems to think that Esther won't come after me herself. He thinks she will always send Fin in to do her dirty work. Klaus and Kol had come to the house once or twice a day to check on me. Not coming in and asked that they would not be invited in. In case something were to happen. Elijah was the only original with a invitation. Klaus says that makes him feel better because Elijah was noble and stuck with his word. Elijah stayed in the guest room. A 24 hour watch dog, so to say. Damon stayed on the couch and Stefan stayed with Elena. I was not allowed to leave the house. I couldn't even check the mail. Someone always done it for me scared that I would be abducted. 

I'm starting to get antsy. I can't stand the walls for another minute. I called Klaus. I let it ring. "Briana, what is it love? Is it time?" I sighed. "No, I just want to go out to the grill for some chili cheese fries and a burger. I was telling you that I'm about to leave so you wouldn't freak." I could hear his smile when I said "I will be there in a minute to pick you up." I looked down. I don't know how he will take this. "I was thinking that I would walk, actually." I heard him sigh. "Briana we've been over this." Tears started in my eyes. DAMN HORMONES! "I haven't been outside of this house in two months. I want to leave. Now I'm about to go to the grill. You can either meet me there or you can stay where you are. It's your choice." I hung up the phone. I put my flip flops on, considering I couldn't see my feet. I walked out the door and down the sidewalk. I felt someone behind me. I turned and looked and it was Tyler. "What are you doing, Ty?" He smiled and looked at me. "I got a call from Klaus to make sure you make it to the grill okay." I smiled. So he took my advice. Bout time he listened to me. I started walking again. I finally made it when I saw Fin sitting with a redhead. She was pretty. I turned to Tyler. "Call Klaus." Before Tyler could take out his phone Klaus was by my side.

"He won't harm you love." I looked at him with confusion. "He loves her." I smiled and sat down. Matt came and took my order. Omg. I have been craving some chili cheese fries. Elena tried to make me some one time and can I just say EWWW. The food came out and Klaus drank coffee. He normally drank bourbon. What changed? I looked at him with confusion. "What's with the coffee?" He smiled and said "I don't want to be intoxicated when our child comes to the world." I smile and pop a fry in my mouth. My stomach started to hurt a little. It's probably just gas. I held my stomach. He looked at me with worry. "Briana, what's wrong?" I smiled and tried to act as if the pain wasn't present. "Nothing." 

I had finished eating and Klaus decided he would walk me home. It hurt to move let along walk. I started to walk and about halfway home hit my knees. Klaus grabbed my arm "BRIANA!" I shook my head. "I'm fine." He pulled out his phone and called Rebekah. "Rebekah it's time." He picked me up and carried me to Elena's home. Elena answered the door with Elijah behind him. "Elena, Now would be a good time to invite them in." Elijah stated. Elena said "Rebekah, Klaus come in." Klaus carried me to my room. He laid me on my bed and Rebekah came to me. I never knew Rebekah was a nurse and she talked me in to making her my midwife. I had agreed because I knew she would never harm my baby. She brought in water and towel. This was going to be hell without an epidural but I told Klaus that I would feel safer in my home, due to his mother still being able to come to a hospital room. 

Klaus held my hand through every contraction. I had heard rumors about this baby will be more powerful than any other creature. This baby would create hybrids. But I would never believe them without proof. I looked at Klaus and got worried. "Klaus, will you promise me something?" He kissed my hand. "Anything, sweetheart." I sighed then looked him in the eyes. "If something happens to me, protect our baby." He looked angry. "You are going to make it through this." I yelled. "PROMISE ME!" He looked at me, kissed my forehead, then said "I promise."