(1): Getting A Place

This is literally my worst nightmare.

Why me? Oh god, what have I done to deserve this? I'm not even exaggerating.

What happened, you ask?

My stupid best friend, Katherine Gray, got me kicked out of our dorm! And now I'm sitting outside with my bags (and multiple pillows) like a homeless person, because I am! I have nowhere to go.

I was at a strict girls only dorm because my mom thought she could keep me away from boys or something (stupid her) and Kat brought her boyfriend in and we got busted, to make matters worse they were smoking. And now she ditched me and is staying with him for the time being leaving me nowhere else to go.

That's what I get for only having one friend.

My boyfriend has a roommate and he's kind of a dick so there's no ways he can let me crash there. I can't call my mom and tell her. She would probably take me to a new college or something. Oh my god, I'm gonna cry.

"Uhh, are you okay?" Comes a concerned voice. I'm snapped out of my thoughts and spot a guy I don't recognize look curiously at me.

Luckily not a lot of people are witnessing this awful sight because everyone is in class. We got kicked out just this morning so I didn't attend any of mine.

I shake my head "No"

Don't cry. Don't cry. He's a stranger. You don't want to freak him out. He is a cute stranger with black curly hair and light brown nice eyes. He looks friendly enough so I don't feel scared of him or anything.

"Why do you have all these bags with you?" He asks confused and curious "Oh I'm Nicholas by the way. My friends call me Nick though"

"I'm Chelsea" I smile lightly "And the bags.. I kind of kicked out of my dorm"

"So someone is gonna come pick you up?"

"No. I have no place to go. I'm homeless" I murmur running a frustrated hand through my dirty blonde hair.

"Oh my word, so what you gonna do?"

I shrug sadly and defeated "I don't know"

He looks thoughtful for a moment before opening his mouth to speak "Listen, I may have an idea but I'm not too sure it's going to work"

My eyes open wide in hope "What? Tell me"

"I have a friend and he lives alone. He was looking for a roommate. But considering you're a girl, I don't think he'll be too thrilled" He tells me but I kind of ignore the last part and focus on the fact that I may just score myself a place to stay.

"Please can we try him" I plea desperately.

"I doubt he'll want this though" He tells me.

"Oh come on" I press refusing any negative comments. He sighs agreeing before helping me pick up my bags and I follow him to his car.

I think we make three trips because I have that much luggage.

Sigh.

"I don't want you to be too hopeful because he may just say no" He tells me awkwardly as we start to drive away "He's not very nice"

I flash him my best puppy dog face "Do you think he could say no to that?"

"I wouldn't" He chuckles amused glancing at me again "Hey, how come I don't know you? You seem pretty cool"

"Well first of all this campus is pretty big" I reply "And secondly it's only my second semester here so I don't know a lot of people"

He hums thoughtfully "Yeah you have a point. It's my third. What course are you taking?"