10: FINAL EXAMS

The class was panicking over what the practical part of the final exam would be

The class was panicking over what the practical part of the final exam would be. Ashido was pretty convinced they were fighting robots, which she was overjoyed about. Shouto caught Izuku's eye and raised a questioning eyebrow, to which he grinned subtly and shook his head. Both shared a private smile across the classroom before tuning back into the conversation.

"Hey, Deku," Kacchan growled, his lip curled and his eyebrows twisted into a frown. "I don't know if you figured out how to use your Quirk a little or what, but you seriously keep rubbing me the wrong way." His head was tilted down, glaring across the classroom. "I don't need another half-assed result like at the Sports Festival. At the upcoming finals, we'll get individual scores, so we'll see who is better, whether you like it or not." He threw an arm forward, pointing aggressively. "I'll beat you with an indisputable difference! I'll kill you!"

It was tempting to say 'not if I kill you first,' but after being told how terrifying he could be, Izuku decided to remain vaguely amicable. "We'll see, Kacchan."

The boy snarled before snapping his head to the side, glowering at the back of the classroom. "Todoroki! You, too!" He stomped away and slammed the door shut after him.

Uraraka stared after him for a moment before bouncing over to her friend, lightly clasping his hand to get a better look at his wrist. "I love your bracelets, Deku-kun! They're really cool. Oh, and you've got a matching choker!"

Izuku tried not to look too suspicious as he chuckled, gently withdrawing his arm because it would've been a difficult thing to explain if he was suddenly encased in Oni's armour. "T-thanks, Uraraka-san!"

Days passed in a blur of stressed studying and scribbling, and finally the written exams were over, and the relief was palpable in the air. They went to the practical exam area, off campus, faced with a group of teachers who stood outside the building. Kaminari confidently exclaimed that they'd be fighting robots, but that idea was quickly shot down by Principal Nedzu, who squirmed his way out of Aizawa's capture gear. Izuku had to slap a hand over his mouth to stop himself from laughing at his teacher's utterly done expression as he got a paw to the face.

The small, sudden movement was enough to gain Aizawa's attention, and he fixed Izuku under his patented dead-eyed stare with the intention of intimidating him into quieting down, but it only made the boy snort into his palm and hide his face behin...

The small, sudden movement was enough to gain Aizawa's attention, and he fixed Izuku under his patented dead-eyed stare with the intention of intimidating him into quieting down, but it only made the boy snort into his palm and hide his face behind his arms until he was calm once more.