12

luke clicked on the small phone button and put the phone to his ear, letting it ring through. he was nervous but couldn't wait to hear leyla's voice. he was worried though, she didn't seem like she was in the right headspace and that it was something that she couldn't tell him was even worst.

"hey." a quiet voice sounded through the speaker. leyla walked along the road and found a park to sit which was less busy than the beach.

"hey ley." leyla smiled at the sound of luke's voice, not quite believing it was really him she's talking to. "you ok?"

"not really, but i will be."

"good. i can't wait to meet you." luke smiled.

"me too."

"how will i know it's you? like what do you look like?"

"um, long brown hair, im really short, like crazy short." leyla laughs. "green eyes and yeah."

"how short?" luke chuckles, running a hand through his hair. calum walks into his room without knocking and starts talking loudly. "cal, can you fuck off mate, im on the phone." he soon leaves, smirking, muttering something under his breath.

"was that cal? i can't believe im talking to you and just everything."

"you gotta believe it. and how short? answer my question."

"even if i didn't you're seeing me in a few weeks and would see."

"come on, babe." luke moans, pretending to be annoyed.

"fine, 5"2. and seeing you're like 7ft im tiny."

"6"2 actually."

"i don't believe that for a second, you're deffo 6"4, you've always denied it but the fans have never believed you. ash posted that picture of him in front of the height lines and he was 6"2 and you're way taller than him. totally gonna measure you when i see you." leyla laughs.

"i was meaning to talk to you about the plan for the concert?"

"what about it?"

"well, i know you got meet and greets but i don't want to meet you that way. i know you paid all that money for it, i can reimburse you and shit i just-" luke stops, not sure where to go from there. "i was thinking, we do the meet and greets after the show right, so if you're last? you can spend more time with us?"

"why are you reimbursing me if im still doing the meet and greet?"

"idk but you're paying to see a friend, it's weird?"

"it doesn't matter. i paid ages ago so don't worry."

"yeah?"

"yeah. we can talk about it nearer the time." leyla walks into her house and sees her mum on the sofa, a glass of wine in hand. her mum starts shouting abuse and leyla panics, not wanting luke to hear. "gotta go." she hangs up the phone before another word can be said.

- -

luke: leyla what the fuck was that

luke: who was that

luke: leyla!!!!!

luke: answer me, now!!!!

leyla: leave it luke.

luke: how can you expect me to leave it, ley. who was saying that shit about you? it's fucking disgusting what that person said.

leyla: i said leave it!!!!

luke: no

leyla: im not telling you, luke. end of.

luke: fine

luke: but just know that im worried about you