Chapter 2

Hadley, 16, does not like the 'homework' her uncle assigns her. No.

She growled, storming into Ben's room and shoving him off the chair and took his place to get on the computer, slamming the papers near it and the len.

"Oi, I was using that!" Ben said, getting up. He quieted when he saw her eyes seem demonic. He backed off and went to his consoles for comfort. She eats his bacon and now uses his computer.

*insert impossible thing to research* (because I'm too lazy to think of one, sorry)

How was she supposed to do that?? There were barely any discoveries about it and Slendy expects her to instantly know everything about it when scientists/experts/other form of experts don't know much about it?!?

Let's go back a bit.

After successfully losing Ben, who went to look at memes online, she went to her uncle's office and knocked.

"Come in." Came the booming voice telepathically.

She entered, politely placing her finished 'homework' on his desk.

"Finished." She said quite proud.

"You got #3 and #13 wrong." Slender said, without even looking.

She frowned. "But I'm good on the rest, right?"

"Proxies are precise-" He tried to say, but was interrupted.

"So? Toby isn't always precise, and he's pretty good, despite what Masky complains about." Hadley said, crossing her arms. She was normally- mostly - polite, as she was brought up that way by Slendy and Trendy, but most of the stalling her uncle always did was irritating.

"That's not the point, Hadley, no interrupting. You're young-" Yet another interruption.

"So was everyone else when they came here."

"*exasperated sigh* I've a lot to expect from you, Hadley. You're more special." Slender said, going to his paperwork. "Bring me 10-15 facts about (insert impossible thing) and have it done by tomorrow."

And that is usually how Hadley gets more irritable and moody.

Stupid homework system.

(Timeskip)

Hadley was also homeschooled by her uncles and that is how the homework system came to be. To specifically stall her process and assessments.

Plus the nagging and complaining probably put it to her birthday and above to think about fulfilling her, literally, lifelong wish to be a proxy and undoubtedly explore the world outside the forest.

She feels like Rapunzel, if the mansion and forest were a tower. Trapped.

And that was almost as bad as her claustrophobia.

"Hads, it's almost 4 in the morning. Lemme have the computer back, need to bother victims." Ben sleepily said, nudging her lazily, clearly on the verge of falling asleep.

"But I need to get this done." She said, clicking on the 52nd site about (impossible thing).

"Do it somewhere else."

"Do you not care about my system of always completing my assignments on time?" Hadley asked.

"No, go to bed."

"Will you go to bed?"

"Why're you asking?"

"Because your eyelids are closed and I'm pretty sure you're halfway to dreamland, bud.

He groaned loudly.

"Go to bed, Hadley."

... Godammit.

_______________

2nd chapter!

Vote and comment.