•28•

After his make out session with the king, polls had risen, comments had been made, opinions had been heard and analyzed.

Suddenly everyone was rooting for Park Jimin. Suddenly everyone was shipping Jimin with the King. Not Seokjin. Him.

At first, Jimin ignored the comments. He avoided watching the news. He ignored the whispers of his fellow candidates. After a while he got used to hearing it. And it amazed him how many days had passed and people were still talking about him and the king.

He began to grow curious. Why him? Jin-hyung was clearly much more handsome. Jin-hyung was clearly in love with the king. So, why him?

He managed to obtain a tablet for a few moments (the guards were nice) and went through comments on social media. There were so many comments.

"They look good together."

"They look like an actual married couple."

"These two are the perfect match."

"Park Jimin just has that charisma needed to be king. That charm, you know?"

Charm. Charisma. That made him laugh.

Since elementary school, Jimin remembered several teachers telling his mother that Jimin was an angel, that he had a natural charisma that drove others to him.

As he grew older and took up ballet, he began to be sensitive to the airs around him. He could feel the ripple that went through everyone as they caught sight of him. It was tangible and there was no mistaking the attention that was immediately focused on him.

Solely him.

Men weren't so subtle, women were the most obvious when they giggled among themselves as he walked by. Adjummas would swoon whenever he smiled. Even Hoseok and Da-won would give in to all of his demands. It seemed that everyone was captivated by his natural allure. 

Whatever that was.

Till he met Tae.

Tae wasn't so easily swayed. If anything, Jimin found himself being swayed by the boy's eccentric ways and blinding boxy smile. Taehyung was younger by a few months, but the affect he had on Jimin was amazing. He always cheered him up, always played with him, always listened.

Jimin almost felt like they were soulmates.

One night, Jimin got the news of his mother's passing. His father lost it, drank too much. Jimin wasn't used to seeing his father at home since he was always out working. From that moment on suddenly his father was always home, dead drunk.

Then one night, Jimin realized why his father always avoided him. His father was no more immune to his unnatural allure than anyone else. Because he, too, was attracted to Jimin and he despised the boy for it.

The beatings came, the words broke him. Jimin found himself wanting to just vanish and not attract the attention of anybody so that he could live in peace. He didn't want his friends to worry, so he kept it all in. Even when Seokjin noticed the change in him, he didn't say a word.

Dance was his one escape. It let him release his inner self, let him shine as he truly should. He hid nothing when he danced. It was the one place where he could stand out and not feel bad about it. He could be himself.

Sometimes, when he was alone with his friends he could feel that shine escape him. Sometimes Jin-hyung and Hobi-hyung would stare at him as if shocked by something. Jimin began to notice that it happened mostly when he was with Tae. He understood why though. He wanted Tae to like him, wanted Tae to look at him the way others had but Tae seemed to care for him as a brother. He didn't see the soulmate aura they had.