Chapter 55

"I'll always be there for you, in your bad and good times."

Aahana couldn't recall when she had drifted off to sleep, but she found herself in Atharva's arms when she woke up, her back pressed against his broad chest

Aahana couldn't recall when she had drifted off to sleep, but she found herself in Atharva's arms when she woke up, her back pressed against his broad chest. If this wasn't home, she couldn't fathom where else. She tried to withdraw from his embrace, but he let out a groan of protest and tightened his hold around her midriff.

"Aahana, please. Not so soon." He buried his face in her hair, finding comfort in her presence.

His gesture made her smile. She relaxed and turned around to face him. Feeling her gaze, he cracked his eyes open and placed a kiss on the tip of her nose, gracing her with a lazy smile, the kind that was filled with adoration and warmth, making her heart stutter.

"Good afternoon," she said.

"Good night."

"Come on!" Aahana chuckled, glancing at the clock. "Let me go. I have to prepare lunch."

"But I want to spend more time with you."

"After lunch, I promise."

Atharva wanted to say no, but he was starving, so he loosened his grip, and she took that as her cue to get out of bed.

"Did you not find any maid yet?" Atharva asked her as he followed her to the bathroom.

She splashed water on her face and dabbed the water droplets dry with the towel. "No." She looked at him through the mirror and shook her head. "Two were to come in the morning for an interview, but I don't think they'll make an appearance."

"We will find someone, don't worry." He circled his arms around her waist and rested his chin on her shoulder.

She hit his stomach with her elbow, forcing him to step back. "If you are skipping work, you better come and help me in the kitchen," with that said, she padded to the kitchen, feeling a little exhausted even though she had slept for fairly long hours.

She had just piled up the veggies on the counter when Atharva appeared beside her. She handed him a knife and chopping board while she brewed a fresh pot of coffee. She really needed it.

"Aahana?" he called after some time, his voice wavering a little.

Aahana poured the coffee in two mugs, humming in response.

"I was thinking, uh, if I should tell Dad about Urvashi?"

"Will you?" She handed him his mug and stared at him when he didn't respond.

His eyebrows were knitted, his eyes focused on the wall in front of him. Aahana could tell he was contemplating his decision again. In a way, telling Harshvardhan would be painful; after all, he had always looked at Urvashi with rose-tinted glasses, but he should definitely know the truth.