EVERYONE'S BLOODY HOOKING UP!

It was lunch, and the Marauders plus Lily were headed down the sloping grounds to the tree by the lake, carrying sandwiches they'd gotten from the Great Hall. Their next class was Care of Magical Creatures and they'd been told to gather down near the shore anyway, so they'd decided to make a bit of a picnic of it and started out early, despite the grey overhead of clouds that filled the sky. 

"What'd you think of Garm and Frek?" James asked them as he trotted alongside Lily, already eating his sandwich before they'd even reached their destination. He actually had two anyway, as well as an apple and a small bag of crisps.

"I don't like them," Remus replied. "Garm seems arrogant and Frek is an idiot and they're both really dark, aren't they?"

Sirius said, "Alright but if I had Garm's hair -- I'd be bloody arrogant, too."

"Did they have the werewolf teeth, like you said, Moony?" asked Peter, panting a bit to keep up to the others' gaits.

"I didn't see the teeth, Pete," Remus answered, and to Sirius, "Garm's hair has nothing to do with it. There's just something about him that I don't like."

"You didn't like Ned Veigler either, originally," pointed out James.

"Because he smelled of werewolf."

Lily said, "And you're sure Garm doesn't smell of it?"

Remus shook his head. "He has a very distinct scent, but not werewolf."

"Yeah, he's right," Sirius said, "It's foul like werewolf, but it's --"

"Foul like werewolf?" Remus demanded, stopping walking. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Peter, James, and Lily all paused, too, to look at Sirius and Remus, who stood facing each other now. Sirius shrugged, "Are you saying that werewolf is a pleasant smell?"

Remus flushed.

"I'm not saying you smell," Sirius said. Then, "Bloody hell how many times do we have to have this conversation? This is at least the third one of them. I love the way you smell, you're literally the scent of my amortentia."

Remus ceded and they started walking again and James glanced at Lily with a smirk as they did. "What?" she asked.

"Am I your amortentia, Evans?"

Lily countered, "Am I yours?"

"Yes," James replied without any hesitation.

Lily started to ask, "And what does it sm --"

Sirius suddenly cut in, interrupting Lily's question, "You were both such idiots last year brewing that amortentia. Arguing about which of you was wearing stronger shampoo or cologne or whatever the fuck it was and actually it's just you're snorting in each other's essences coming from your bleedin' cauldron."

Lily flushed, remembering that argument and said, clearly.

Peter said, "I'll bet Wendy would be my amortentia, too."

"Probably, Pete," Remus said. He looked around, "You should've invited her along with us."

"She's got Runes," he answered.

They'd reached the tree and James was already finished his first sandwich, and unwrapped the second as the others started eating, too. They sat about around the bottom of the tree, except Sirius, who climbed up it as usual, straddling the lowest branch.

Lily said, "Backing up a couple topics... So are we saying we think Garm and Frek are evil in some way or --? Because I was rather hoping for a nice, peaceful year."